Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Turkeys?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkeys?

It's early for my area to hunt turkeys,but where do you try and shoot them with a crossbow?I mean try for a double lung or straight in the chest?After my first crossbow deer I want to get a turkey with my crossbow.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Spike

Wow no replies i am really surprised. General rules on turkeys go something like this.
Shoot em high watch em die. Shoot em low watch em go.
You should shoot a little higher than you normally would think. I go for just about where neck attaches to the body it provided with a frontal shot and get yourself a picture of where the organs are on a turkey that will help out allot. The lungs are in the upper back of the turkey and that is the area that i get a shots at most of the time. I am no expert I have been very lucky have have taken three birds in five hunts two with a crossbow. Also look for attachments for your bolts because the bolts fly so damn fast that pass through shots happen all the time you want the arrow to stay in the bird if possible. I use an old product we called springers not sure they still make them. The ones I use were bought back in the 70's. I bought a couple dozen to use when bow fishing as well as bird hunting. these attachment go right behind the broadhead and from what I have seen they do not affect the flight of the arrow or bolt at all so I would shoot all out to 60 yards but my birds were all taken at around 18 to 25 yards. Good Luck

Last edited by GrandpaDave; 01-18-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Spike

Here ya go:

http://youtu.be/g9z7wb-iv5U
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks that's perfect,now all I need is a turkey to shoot.LOL

Last edited by FlDeerman; 01-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by robertyb
Good Vid My shot would have been two inches to the right of his point.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/articl...eshotcount.htm