Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 2robinhood
How bad is the Barnett ( all models ) crossbows.
I have a Parker cyclone and love it, but my brother keeps looking at Barnetts because of the $$$$.
He is on a tight budget, but I seem to hear alot of bad things about Barnetts.
He is looking to be in the range of $400.00 or less.
Any suggestions of a good crossbow for him?
Follow this simple equation "Tight budget = Seasonal Offers". Since your brother is on a tight budget so look forward for some seasonal offers as you can grab most of the crossbows likes Ten point, Excalibur, Parker and so on well within your reach with little extra $$ . Online shopping store is where you should start with..:happy0001:
Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pinestump447
I own a RC-150 it has done well in the 10 years that I have used it.Its light,quite and accurate.That being said now comes the rest of the story they shoot a 16 inch bolt which Barrnet no longer makes.If you try to contact customer service you`ll never get a reply.I live fairly close to both a Cabela`s and a BassPro and neither one carry`s any accessories for Barrnet.I`m down to my last 2 bolts and can`t find any to replace them,right now I have a limb just starting to show signs splittering.Once it goes,I`ll trash it and never buy another crossbow from them.Best advice?Anything but Barrnet!
As a safety suggestion: if your limb is showing signs of splintering, I would quit using it. If that limb shatters, more parts will break and someone could get badly hurt.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Spike

It sounds like half the people on this thread are fan boys of some other CB or trolls. It is now 2014. I will give any input I can on my wife's new Wildcat C5 as appropriate.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jareese
I have a Barnett Ghost 410 - absolutely LOVE this bow - I've got almost 2000 (yes two thousand) shots on it with no issues - ORIGINAL String and Cables. ALL manufacturers have issues, Barnett has come a long long way, they've also been around the longest.

In an earlier post, someone named Bowtech as one manufacturer not having many issues - WOW, what planet are you on? They have one of the worst reputations in the industry for limb failures.
I'm guessing by the amount of posts this user has he Is guilty of the "fish story" syndrome. 2000 shots on one string? Really????
Old 03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Spike

take a look at the wicked ridge line up, I see them around 400.00 a lot when I am looking at new bows. personally, id save a couple more hundred and get the ten point titan extreme, problem solved. By the way, I had the Barnett predator and it failed on me twice in the first two months, there jackel and wild cat seem to be good sturdy bows, I would, if you have to get one stay away from there speed bows and should be ok, mabe.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Spike

Default Barnett

I was looking at the Barnett Penetrator & i sent a email to Barnett & i am still wating to hear back from them so i figured if they can't answer one email it spooked me about there cosutmer service would be a nightmare & i have to say that Carbon Express has answered every single message i have ever sent them & i called them about the bolt not staying tight that holds the foot piece on & they said that if it came loose again that they would just send me a entirely new crossbow & they would even have mine picked up & it wouldn't cost me a penny come to find out i didn't have that bolt tight enough i was afarid that i would strip out the bolt hole. I ttok it to our local gun/bow shop & they tightened it up & it's not came loose since I don't bash no company but some are better than others when it comes to coustmer support IMHO
Old 03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I don't get it. If they were so bad, how do they stay in business so long??? Try to answer that one!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

They sell cheaply made crossbows of poor quality; worldwide also with very poor customer service. A lot of people who don't know any better fall for the cheap price. They make other crap and also sell it They evidently operate on the quantity not quality principal. They have gotten slightly better quality of a couple of bows recently, but overall they are still not up to the standards of other crossbow manufacturers!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by TXStr8shot
I'm guessing by the amount of posts this user has he Is guilty of the "fish story" syndrome. 2000 shots on one string? Really????
Fish story syndrome - that's funny, coming from a guy that has only 21 posts.....

No, actually I spend more time working and hunting than trolling on archery forums bashing other products. Yes, 2000 shots on my original string and cables - I take care of my equipment and follow the manufacturers instructions. I also have over 500 shots on my new Raptor and still going strong.

Whatever bud - you're the type that's going to keep on bashing and believing what you want, doesn't matter what people say or show you.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jareese
Fish story syndrome - that's funny, coming from a guy that has only 21 posts.....

No, actually I spend more time working and hunting than trolling on archery forums bashing other products. Yes, 2000 shots on my original string and cables - I take care of my equipment and follow the manufacturers instructions. I also have over 500 shots on my new Raptor and still going strong.

Whatever bud - you're the type that's going to keep on bashing and believing what you want, doesn't matter what people say or show you.
All I'm saying is I have doubts of how well this bow holds up over 2000 shots with the string holding up. I too spend much time hunting and shooting. I own a Barnett after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.