Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What crossbow/package should i get? >

What crossbow/package should i get?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What crossbow/package should i get?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default What crossbow/package should i get?

Not wanting to spend over 1000$ I live on prince edward island, canada. There isn't a bow dealer here so i have to buy off the internet and seems like this is the best site to purchase bows in canada from(post if you know of any others) http://www.cabelas.ca/show_prodlist....c0stq3o4dqm2b0
i was thinking either the phenoix package or splurge for the extra 300$ and get the vortex with the right stuff package. Do any of you guys know if that scope in the right stuff package is any good? is it the same as the one that comes with the phenoix package? Or if you would go a totaly different bow please do tell. I can't get a composite because there isn't a bow dealer to string it up properly for me.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM
mjn

Default RE: What crossbow/package should i get?

I just purchased the tenpoint flex with an upgraded scope. Based on all of the forums and websites I visted, I was torn between the tenpoint and the exalibur. I finally settled on tenpoint, because I could get a recurve bow front (excalibur has these also), and the flex offered a lot of versatility. Three settings 1) deer and big game 2) turkey and fish 3) targets....I figured I was getting three bows in one, and the ten point folks were really responsive. I am sure if you go with either of these manufacturers you will be happy. I know excalibur is a canadian company, so if you want to support local business, there would be another reason to go that route.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I've shot other crossbows as well as own 10 Excaliburs. I also bought a bow from a Premier Manufacturer and am very much disappointed. Aside from the bow having major defects it is much more noisy than any of my Excals and accuracy is not as good as my Excals. Some have done some serious modifications to bring the accuracy up to par but why bother? The a company rep and I have emailed back and forth and I've been promised twice that I was going to get some some way of modifying the bow but all I got was three pieces of foam! Talks with the manufacturer have gone on for several months without action. Just talk and promises for about 5 months so far. I will not reveal the name of the manufacturer so don't ask. Excal on the other hand responds to problems in a heart beat. I will not mention the manufacturer but suffice to say that Excalibur is an awesome manufacturer to deal with. In fact the owner himself sometimes answers the phone!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Spike

ya now just to pick what excali to get i guess i'm leaning towards the vortex
Old 12-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stoop14

ya now just to pick what excali to get i guess i'm leaning towards the vortex
Good idea, I think the Vortex is the perfect killing machine. The Y25 is a close second.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My nickel, pickup a vortex as an investment with a company for years of great service with lifetime warranty
Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot both the Phoenix and the Vortex (plus a 355 fps compound). If I got to keep just one, it would be the Vortex.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Spike

ya i'm thinking on going the vortex, now what size arrows does that normally shoot? are there better longer/smaller ones? because when i order my bow i also want to order a extra 6pack of arrows. and should i just get a standard 100gr boradhead for them?

edit: if you can't tell i don't know anything about bows/gear what so ever.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you like carbon/s or alum. ? GTLazerII with 110 gr brass insert or 2219 alum, alum insert
Old 12-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Spike

from what i have read carbon are better

Quick Reply: What crossbow/package should i get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.