Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I need a lighted nock >

I need a lighted nock

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I need a lighted nock

Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need a lighted nock

I am looking for a lighted nock for my cross bolts. anyone have some that they use? i have found plenty of sights but i want some that people have already used
Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default RE: I need a lighted nock

I use Tracer Nocks made by Easton. They work great and are reasonably prices at under $10.00. You can get them with flat end or moon end.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can I replace the nocks on my Easton Power Bolts with lighted ones or do I have to build them up from scratch?
I not sure I need them but they do sound cool and I'm always looking for something to spend money on..
Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Yup
You can buy Easton Tracer nocks to fit your Power Bolts. Remove the existing ncok and replace with a tracer nock!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Griz, are the installed nocks normally glued in or just put in the shaft without anything? I use the Ten Point carbon arrows with the squared nocks.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the tracers as well and they work good.
Like DG says,remone old and install.
I had to drill out the old insert glue to make them fit right but once in they worked good.

DG
Where did you put your magnet?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned

I have my magnets at the front edge of the risers, as close to where the arrow passes as I can get it. It works fine. Amazing that an arrow going 350FPS turns on when it passes the magnet going that fast.

The nocks on TenPoint Proflite arrows are normally not glued. For the Tracer nocks to fit in a Goldtip and TenPoint Shaft you haveto use Tracers made for 2219 Alum shafts and file the diameterdown just a wee bit. Takes very little filing to make them a snug fit.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:11 PM

Burt Coyote Lumenock fit right in Gold tip arrows without any altering and they work good.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Planter, I use Tracer nocks by Easton. I have the package before me right now and if you have the Easton Power bolts, you will need the tracer package marked Carbon, either flat back or Half Moon. But get the ones for Carbon bolts, not for Alum or 2216 0r 2219. I had no fileing or drilling to do. I just screwed a wood screw part way into the old nock, locked a vice grip plyers onto the screw and pulled and worked it out. I didn't remove any glue substance or anything else and simply inserted the tracer nock and pushed down against a table top and it goes in rather tightly and snugly. A perfect fit. The back of my package list your bolts as well as mine, (ten point pro elite) as well as Beman, Horton, Cabela's Barnett, and Parker. All Carbon bolts. Just get the flat or half moon as you need for your bolts. (Arrows lol)
PS. I watched the pro shop where I bought my XB install the first two tracers for me and that's how they did it. It's very easy and you will love those tracers. You actually can watch your arrow fly in the air to your target.
BBO
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Get the Tracer Nocks.
I've been using them for several years now.
AWESOME!!!

xbowbarry

Quick Reply: I need a lighted nock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.