Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Barnett Predator >

Barnett Predator

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Predator

Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Barnett Predator

For all of those who care about barnett any coments about the new predator coming out this yr would be nice think im going to have to buy it and try it out on a deer looks sharp and very fast. Kinda like a stryker only camo.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Barnett Predator

J

Give me a call may be able to give ya some insight on that bow.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Shore

J

Give me a call may be able to give ya some insight on that bow.
Well lets all hear it!
Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well...I honestly did not have time at the ATA show to give it a try. I will be looking at them again in Febuary at another show, but one thing that bothers me....and this is not to start an argument, but it is a factor when looking at any piece of equipment...is that Barnett has dropped their warranty down to only one year on their products. IMO, that bea deciding factor as to if I carry the line or not.

Wyvern
Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Coming from someone that own's five bows with "unlimited warranty" I don't think that you've made an unfair statement Wyvern. As was said by you know who "it's not how fast a bow is it's how long it's fast". One has to wonder if one, were the warranties are killing them and number two is one year the only risk they are going to take?
Edit/add: Companies frequently make risk management decsions based on knowledge. Any car maker knows how many heat cycles a cylinder head will take before cracking. I cannot imagine that any bow maker does not study how many cycles a bow will take before failure. The predicted failure rate (expected warranty cost) is factored into the price as well as the length of warranty. If a car maker knew there would be zero warranties for on million miles then the warranty would be a million miles and they'd outsell everyone.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have supported this brand for a couple of years now,and after weighing all thats been posted
and all the different views from different folks,I would advice you to listen to what Wyvern is
saying.I was real fortunate to have two Quad 400s that were trouble free and sans two trigger jobs
they were great shooters until the Parker entered into the picture,have since sold them and gone
on to another brand and type!I did not have happen to me what did to another fellow on this
forum but you really need to research this brand before you buy.Your safety is the most important
thing to us here and are only concerned that you get a safe and great shooting bow,any one here can
and will be willing to answer your questions,or help in any way we can,good luck on your choice!Yote.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a Commando in the 80's, neat little bow. Keep hoping this outfit will get it's act together but I'm not hopeful. Read a review by an unbiased person that has a site for reviews on the Bnett Revolutin AVI. 345 fps for a package that's $469 at Cabelas. He gave it aglowing review. Here's a few of his observations amongst the glow. Missed advertised fps by 20 fps, but Bnett is redoing the cams to fix that. Has a plastic trigger, but Bnett is changing to a metal one. Has 3/8" dovetail for rings, which are too high to use adj stock, but Bnett is changing them. Has a very long trigger travel, sound familiar?

Alot of good these improvements will do the first buyers that are looking for cheap speed. Bnetts as usual. Buyer Beware now that the warranty is down to one year.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Now when you talk warrenty on the bnett cross bow is the new and old or just new as i have a quad 300/400 and other than limbs this machine has dropped alot of deer from 5 ft to 45 yrds now i have got a quoate on the predator and now will find out about the warrenty but on my quad its life............................... Gotta like it. other than a couple limbs i do alot of string wear at least 2000 shots a yr will do it. But as any thing your going to get lemons HERES and example i bought an 2008 sierra crew cab 4x4 3 months ago, with rust inhibitor AND sprayed with 400km on it ive got rust front and back bumper and frame When i was told theres no way i need to polish and wash or get extra under spray heheheheheheh 3 months later rust and ive got to polish all chrome now[:'(]i called my gmc dealer and the gmc head quathers and theres nothing they can do its rust sorryyyyyyyyyy. Guess what its mine and ive got rust love the truck hate the rust but its what i bought for 45k Now as for the predator 1yr 5 yr life im buying it bin barnett always will be just gotta swallow the pill. Every one gets lemons
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

at least BARNETT 300 ,they cover limbs on warranty.
HORTON is 3 yrs..
for what these bows cost new, all should at least cover 1 set of limbs no matter how old ..

as for gmc truck, i supervised a gm loading dock 30 years ago..
i saw trucks with the frames all rusted being shipped out to dealers,terrible way to run a business.

i found out that the salt from ocean was rusting the frames before they shipped them out ..

so, if you can get your truck from plant not near ocean, that may help....

Old 01-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 99 jeep

For all of those who care about barnett any coments about the new predator coming out this yr would be nice think im going to have to buy it and try it out on a deer looks sharp and very fast. Kinda like a stryker only camo.
Jeep: didn't mean to rain on your parade, lol, but you did ask for comments and this is a place to share info.I shared what I know. When a company lets a new bow hit the market w/ 5 major problems, two of which will require a return to factory or dealer, what does that tell you? And this is after being shut down for a few months and having an image problem to begin w/. I have to confess having a Quad 400 go off like a hand grenade in my face somewhat has clouded my vision, but in all fairness of all the different mfgrs out there, this is the only one I have a problem w/. Apparently some others share my opinions as there are dealers that won't carry them due to returns for problems.

And as for lemons, there's an old saying about autos. "Not every car at the auction is a lemon, but every lemon ends up at the auction". Good Hunting w/ whatever you choose.

Quick Reply: Barnett Predator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.