Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 crossbow sling???? >

crossbow sling????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow sling????

Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default crossbow sling????

What's the difference between a regular rifle sling and one that's made for a crossbow?????? thanks, Scott Woody
Old 12-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow sling????

nothing as far as Iam concernd.....Just get a nice padded sling being how CB's are not light and a thin sling would dig into the shoulder......
Old 12-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks!!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:29 PM

I bought some stud post from a gun shop and bought a $9.99 sling from WalMart.I was going to buy a Excaliber crossbow sling for $19.99 which had a better padded area but went with the cheaper sling mainly to use it to lock my elbow in for a solid shot while standing or sitting...Mike
Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

I had a fancy high dollar leather one on my main deer hunting gun for many years and grew to hate it, all it ever wanted to do was slip off my shoulder(mostly at the most inconvenient times)and the more "polished" the leather got over the years the worse it got

Itried aneoprene one and now have them on eveything I own that requires a sling, including my crossbow, they work great and stick like glue, the fancier ones I have a paid(I think) around $15 for, the cheaper walmart ones were around $9
Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

I forget now who makes them, but there are aa couple of crossbow specific slings out there.What are they and what makes a sling a "crossbow sling"?

I will share my crossbow sling. I use a sling which is neoprene, or similar material on the shoulder pad. It is tacky and slightly stretchy on this part. The actual webbing is like 1" with tacky material on it. I put it on the bow so the shoulder pad is towards the butt end. With my treestand on my back, I 'tend to slip it on my shoulder so the bow is in front of my shoulder. This allows me to pull it up for a quick shot, keep it from banging my treestand on my back when I walk. This is not the best, if you have a better idea, please share!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave one called "Carry at the Ready". it has a bracket that bolts to your stirrup and then a rod about 10" tall sticks up, the front part of the sling coming off that rod has another rod in it so the sling doesn't droop down and get in the way. seemed like a good idea at the time, lol, don't use it anymore and have an extra brkt so I can not use it on either of two bows, lol. The whole works can be yours real cheap, pm me, lol. Oh, you end up carrying your bow horizontal in front of you, may have a little more value to a stalk and spot hunter in little brush, lol.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a wide sling padded with rubber for my X bow. I think it's made for use with a shotgun.
Make sure the front strap attachment is short so the padded part is where in needs to be
when the bow is over your shoulder.
Several I tried had a long strap causing it rather than the padded part be on the shoulder.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

The main difference between a rifle sling and a crossbow sling is the sound obsorbsion of the sling material. You can't use a rifle sling on a crossbow because of this. The inert molurkail informaties will deterrorate the slingto the point of slap back like a popped rubber band. Don't use one on your crossbow. Go with a crossbow sling only. I did a long time ago and just as I was about to shoot the biggest buck of my life, the sling let go and jack slapped meacross the face so hard that my ears are still ringing. But you do whatever you feel safe with. Me, I like the old shiny hard rubbed leather sling that came with my crossbow, slippery as it is, it's never slapped me down yet. LOL
BBO
Old 02-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy,
I admire your vivid imagination and unmitigated gift of the BS. You work for the 'gobment?'

Quick Reply: crossbow sling????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.