Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Fogging scope

Old 11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Fogging scope

My one year old Vari-zone has fogged up internally this season on a few wet and cold days. Is it safe to assume that this would be covered on the "limited lifetime warranty"? It was so bad last hunt that it cost me a shooting opportunity.

BTW.....Other than that I love the scope.

Mitch
Old 11-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fogging scope

Id send her back if you aint had it for ever,do it asap or you might go
past the old dead line,good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor's Lumi Zone did the same thing (he left it in a tree stand overnight) He sent it back and it was replaced
Old 11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: coyote170

Id send her back if you aint had it for ever,do it asap or you might go
past the old dead line,good luck!
I do not understand what you are trying to even imply with that above statement.

Mitch, contact Excalibur and they will look after you. Along with some other crossbow manufacturers (mostly the lod reliable crossbow makers) they stand behind their products and have great customer service. SOme of the newer companies into the crossbow world might not look after their customers, but Excalibur will.

Unless it has been totally abused, they will replace it for you, and vary fast.
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.2335 Shirley DriveKitchener, OntarioCanada
N2B 3X4

gPhone 519 743 6890
toll free 800 463 1817

Email:Customer Service: [email protected]Dealer Inquiries: [email protected]webmaster: [email protected]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree w/ GT on this. Doesn't matter how long you had it, how many previous owners, ect. Just get ahold of them and voila!! New stuff comes!! If any of you Excal guys have ever done any business w/ Danny Miller, you already know he will ship out replacement stuff on a phone call to cut your time ooc as much as possible. Trusts ya to send the defective stuff in. No warranty cards, numbers, return authorizations, if it says Excal, it's covered.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wasnt trying to imply anything,just wishing him good luck,we all know
how great they stand behind their products,it wasnt on being able to
get his new scope more along the lines to enjoy once he got his new one.
Wasnt in any way putting down the Excal line,wont happen again!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM

My vari-zone did the same thing this evening when the temp dropped by 20 degrees in a couple of hours. I brought it inside for the night. If it is still like that in the morning, I'll send it in. I have no worries about them taking care of it. I'll have to get used to shooting the bow with the sights in the meantime. It should be a fun 3 or 4 days!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:52 AM

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

My one year old Vari-zone has fogged up internally this season on a few wet and cold days. Is it safe to assume that this would be covered on the "limited lifetime warranty"? It was so bad last hunt that it cost me a shooting opportunity.

mitchmtm1 Do your self A Favor get rid of that scope !!! I had A simmons & Truglo ! Great scopes !! But I cant seee how all the Xbow Manufacturers you pay 800.00 to 1,000. for a crossbow & they put a 40.00 scope on there guns ! of course they have a lifetime warranty They are so cheap it aint costing them nothing ! I replaced both scopes on both my Xbows with Busnell Elite 1.5x4.5 -32mm firefly & Rainguard it will never fogup They are pricey But well worth it ! Take it easy http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_elite3200_32-1546m.cfm

Mitch
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

kvjohndeere yes you can go and put forth a better quality scope on your bow, like most do on their rifles, Like you say, you pay good money for for your bow, why put a lesser scope on the bow. Well I am of the other mindset, why would you pay huge money for a scope where the most benifit you would receive from it can not be used with the crossbow.

What I mean is this. The higher end scopes are great for longer distances. You really only get to use the advantages out over 100 yards, that is just too far for crossbows. Yes they can be clearer and gather more light, but when I can't see though my scope any more, it is already too late to shoot legally. I have target shoot my bow after dusk (too late for hunting) just for practice in tough conditions and I got 10 ring results so the scope is clear enough for me.

I am not saying that you should not put the higher end scopes on your bow, if that is what you want, go for it, but you do not need it. Remember, crossbows range are usually only out to 50 yards, and shorter on deer.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kvjohndeere

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

mitchmtm1 Do your self A Favor get rid of that scope !!! I had A simmons & Truglo ! Great scopes !! But I cant seee how all the Xbow Manufacturers you pay 800.00 to 1,000. for a crossbow & they put a 40.00 scope on there guns ! of course they have a lifetime warranty They are so cheap it aint costing them nothing ! I replaced both scopes on both my Xbows with Busnell Elite 1.5x4.5 -32mm firefly & Rainguard it will never fogup They are pricey But well worth it ! Take it easy http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_elite3200_32-1546m.cfm

Mitch
Glad your Bushnell is working out for you. They didn't use to be the can of corn either, lol. Excal 1st offered a model called Drop Zone, then V-zone, now L-zone. Grumpy Tom probably knows if I'm right here or not, however they have a slew of them out there. There isn't a high quality MULTI range xbow scope made today, which is unfortunate. Since I shoot two xbows, one at 285 fps and the other at 325 fps, and have a failing memory, lol, it's a need for me to use this type of sight or carry a notebook.

Quick Reply: Fogging scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.