Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 what states allow crossbow hunting? >

what states allow crossbow hunting?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

what states allow crossbow hunting?

Old 09-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default what states allow crossbow hunting?

just wondering where in the u.s. it's legal to hunt crossbow, out here we can't in oregon . my uncle used to have a crossbow but never hunted with it, just hope to hear back from all my hunting bro's around the u.s.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what states allow crossbow hunting?

certain countys here in pa. allow use of crossbows for hunting,others you have to be disabled....
Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Here is a pic of the states that allow CB hunting. It is a few years old. Green is for good, red is for retarded! Some more states have opened up since this pic was made. I think North Carolina is open now along with Kentucky. New Jersey is in the works for '08 and IL just decided to be nice to their seniors this year. I think there may be one or so i missed but that is the majority of the states that have hunters working together and not hunter against other hunters!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good info Hotburn76. If disabled people would file suits against states then said states will get up off their duff and Cb's will come into use quicker. Just a matter of getting the ball rolling.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

IIRC, the only two states left w/ no disabled provisions are Oregon and New York. New York does allow breath tube triggers and you can't have any functional fingers.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Spike

Illinois just enacted a law that will allow those of us age 62 or over to use a crossbow during bow season, regular gun season and muzzleloader season.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VTX4

Illinois just enacted a law that will allow those of us age 62 or over to use a crossbow during bow season, regular gun season and muzzleloader season.
in WMU2G here in pa. you can use crossbow in any season BUT archery unless you are disabled..
Old 09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't help yourself could you Sproule? Have you acutally seen this yourself?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Couldn't help yourself could you Sproule? Have you acutally seen this yourself?
No, no matter what azzhat reply he gives you Dnk,the poaching statistics do not support that kind of behavior.

Sproul: It takes 100 "Atta boys" to equal one "oh poop" you are back in the barrel, say hi to Htoler, he never got out.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI..In Minnesota you can use a crossbow during rifle season now,its new this year...Hopefully it will carry on to the whole Archery season in a year or two.....

Quick Reply: what states allow crossbow hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.