Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200 >

My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200

Old 08-16-2007, 07:42 PM

Default My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200

I bought one of these 3 weeks ago.I have nothing but trouble since I bought it. I bought the bow against the advice of everybody on the forum (dumb mistake). My original post on this is Subject (Tomorrow is the bug day). I dont know how to change that so that everyone will know it is about the Legacy so I am making this new post. I do not want anyone else to get into this same problem that I am having. I shot the bow at the Bass pro shop in Memphis and then took it home and shot it 4 times when I realized the string had frayed really bad, and I mean bad. I called horton and they instantly new what the problem was. They asked abouth the string-sound stoppers that were on the bow and explained that they knew of the problem and had a fix for it. They said that the rubber was too soft and that teh string was hitting the metal post that the stoppers were mounted on. They sent me 2 new stoppers that were just a little bit harder. They also sent a new string that is reinforced where the string hits the stoppers. To my suprise the strings are standing up good but the stoppers will not stay on or in place. Every time I have shot it 1 of the stoppers has flown off and teh other has went either over or under the string. I am calling Horton again tomorrow if I can to discuss this. The service at Horton has been good and they replied to my e-mail asap today. I will let you guys know what happens when I talk to them.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200

I'm sorry to hear that. It gotta be upsetting know deer season is right around the corner. Its sucks when you spend a lot of money and something doesn't work like it should. Can you return the bow?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 PM

Default RE: My opinion of the Horton Legacy 200

Horton wants me to send it back to them. My wife is getting it ready to ship back to them on Monday