Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 mechanical broadhead opinions please >

mechanical broadhead opinions please

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

mechanical broadhead opinions please

Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default mechanical broadhead opinions please

I am going to get some broadheads this week. Tried a few kinds I had laying around but nothing shot like a field point. I shoot a lot so I want to get something that will shoot just like a field point. I think I want to try a mechanical but have never used them before. Been bowhunting for many years but this is my first year with a crossbow. Any mechanicals that are known to shot well out of crossbows. Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mechanical broadhead opinions please

anyone shoot spitfires? always liked NAP's stuff.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to try Tekkin II's(mech) 100grn,someone else here use's them and I have a pac left over from last year.Iam also going to try Slick Tric Magnums(fixed) also in 100grn....
Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

I use 125gr. Rocket SteelsHave used Vortex.Mechanicals I don't like useing on Hogs.

Here isv exit wound that a Vortex leaves.

"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/oneshot/000_0479mde.jpg"

big rockpile
Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several folks on here use mech. tekan 2's, wasp's, spitfires and Rockets. Can't tell about the other mech.'s, but my Rocket stell heads 100gr. are right in there with my field pts. I shoot a very slow CB and logs fer arrows![:-][]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for them, never tried them. Alot of the places in Tx for hogs or exotics don't allow them. I'm worried they will either open in flight or not open properly double banded. [personal problem, i know, lol] If I were to try them, I'd go to 10 pts web site and see what they include w/ packages, you can bet if 10 pt advises them they work well.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Rocket Steelheads 100'swith no problems at all whether it be a failure of some sort or passing thru both lungs.
My pet peave are the O rings. I like to shoot alot of broadheads during practice and always have a shortage. Wife and kid got all bummed out when I used the retainer bands the boy got from the orthodontist. I just wish I could buy O-Rings without heads. Geez...
As a side note I have shot unbanded steelheads out to 25 yards out of interest onlyand it is really surprizing how well they shoot anyway not that I planon hunting with them like that but it was curious.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the NAP Spitfires. I haven't tried them yet so I can't say how the are. But I have heard good things about them. They also are supposed to not require rubber bands / o rings. I'm going to try to get a different target. I'll let you know how they shoot when I get the chance.

Oh, and they also make plastic practice blades for them. The pr. blades cost a little under 10 bucks. But I haven't seen them in the store yet. I may check Gander Mountain so I don't have to pay 8 bucks shipping. The website I found them on will only FedEx.

chris
Old 08-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

what website did you see them on buckhunter?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't remember for sure. I will check tonite when I get home and see if I can find them. I'm on someone elses computer to check my messages. I'll be home later tonite. It might be in my history if I can find it.

Quick Reply: mechanical broadhead opinions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.