Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Legacy

Old 06-16-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Horton Legacy

Has anybody shot/own this new crossbow from horton for 2007. It looks really nice and I have been looking for other recurve crossbows other than the Excalibur's(not looking to break the bank ona new crossbow). These look pretty reasonale for the price of just the bow no scope.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton Legacy

Not wanting to break the bank? Woah nelly. The excals IMO are some of the best priced bows on the market! I think you can get an excal for around 450 tops. That's not bad at all! The stryker is over 1500 and some Tenpoints are over 1000 also. Hortons are going for alot more also! The Legacy just came out. The Excals are a proven championship winning bow. Go with the excal, you wont be sorry!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:59 AM

I have been a Horton fan for a long time and I looked at that CB a long time before I put my sister to work LOL!! But I did not by it for the same reason I say people should not buy the Stryker CB, First run! They have been making CB's for a while, but that new CB could have problems. I would give it a couple of seasons to get "seasoned". Also the Excal's vortex 200 is cheaper then Horton's Legacy 200. The best prices IMO are found a Bowhunterssupperstore.com My CB was 100 bucks cheaper there then cabelas.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Excaliber is not cheaper in canada. And when I meant excalibur is expensive I meant for RECURVE crossbows.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Excaliber is not cheaper in canada. And when I meant excalibur is expensive I meant for RECURVE crossbows.
The Horton Jason is referring to is one of Hortons new RECURVE xbows, lol. they have already dropped their fps claims and are now using a dacron string from what I've read. I also read someone was test shooting one and one of the rubber baby buggy bumpers flew off and went rolling across the floor.

I'm curious how Excals can be more expensive in Canada since they are made there. Can you enlighten me? Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 PM

Well the dollar is higher here so the prices are lower for you guys and Im just 17 and don't have a lot of money to spend on a crossbow considering I already have and shoot a compound. I just wanted a good cheap crossbow to compare to my compound. I don't know how they are more expensive they just seem really expensive to me. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, a crossbow seems expensive compared to a compound??? Go to the bowhunting forum and ask how much money those guys have in their rigs. Betcha there's a few over a thousand! Heck! Some Bare bows are 500+
Old 06-16-2007, 08:02 PM

Yes, I know all about it I have a compound and accessories. But my bare bow was no where near 500. And there is, for me, a lot more fun to be had out of tuning, building, and shooting a compound than just buying a crossbow sighting it in and then just breaking it out when the season opens. That would be like gun hunting and I think that is why people turn to archery for something new, different, and more challenging than gun hunting. Look i didn't mean to offend anybody here this is just my opinion.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

redneck......I started bow only hunting 24 yrs ago,I did it for the challange of getting up close and personal,due to neck problems(cant pull the compound's(sold my last compound Weds)or recurve or longbow back)I am going to use crossbow.....not to make it easier,but so I can still shoot arrows.I will still need to get close and personal with the crossbow because I will not shoot past 25/28 yrds,Ive never taken a deer farther then 28yrds and never will(knock on wood).

this is just me

Old 06-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should say most of my kills are under or about20 yrds (92%).

Quick Reply: Horton Legacy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.