Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Has anyone considered or seen these? >

Has anyone considered or seen these?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Has anyone considered or seen these?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone considered or seen these?

http://www.truglo.com/content/products/crossbow/scopes/category.asp
Old 03-25-2007, 12:25 AM

Default RE: Has anyone considered or seen these?

Never seen them before either. Here is a link for a cabelas price. 199 Bucks! Ouch!!
Will have to wait and see what folks say and then put it on the wish list. Looks nice though!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat600281&id=0042465417754a&navCount=11&am p;podId=0042465&parentId=cat600281&masterp athid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&r id=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600281&amp ;hasJS=true
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I'm biased or anything, lol, but:

Lumizone TruGlow
40 mm obj 32 mm obj
$119.95 $199.99
Excal Warranty ??????

Too many lines on the Tru-Glow reticule, reminds me too much of being in jail, looking thru the bars.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been looking at them. My problem is they are cluttered just like excals scopes. I would rather see 2 xhairs fer 20 and 40 yds. Then just split fer the 30 yds.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks
Too many lines on the Tru-Glow reticule, reminds me too much of being in jail, looking thru the bars.
I have shot a horton scope on a crossbow before with all the extra lines on the scope like that one. I believe that they either call them windage or walking markers. Well, it just makes the scope too busy for me. I like a clean view when getting down to picking the hair I want my hunting head to cut, not a cluttered scope.

That is just my opinion, I know some others like all those lines, but different strokes for differrent folks.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

What year was that,Dan?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I would look away from the Varizone is light managment and lens quality(I have one). A mediocre scope is easily twice as good as the Varizone. Now I understand that no one "needs" a better scope and all you have to do is identify your intended target and see it well enought to place an arrow accurately, but I want better. I just ordered a Remington 17 HMR and guess what? I thought my 1.5X6X36 B&L 4200 was too good for it. Yup, I know what others use and I know how good of a scope you need for a 150yd shot. Sooo I ordered a Burris!($240.00) LOL! I owned a few low end optics but a few bad experiences with them cured me for good. Who knows, the Truglo scope may be worth it. I just want to know if anyone has used one to see it if is worth looking at guys.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And here I thought the bars went up and down in jail! Were you the Moma or the Popa? LOL!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, I wasn't in there long enough for that question to come up. And when you are laying on the cot looking out, the bars appear horizontal.
PS: I was innocent of all charges, and the victim survived, lol.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL, I wasn't in there long enough for that question to come up. And when you are laying on the cot looking out, the bars appear horizontal.
PS: I was innocent of all charges, and the victim survived, lol.

Quick Reply: Has anyone considered or seen these?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.