Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Middleton Crossbows >

Middleton Crossbows

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Middleton Crossbows

Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Middleton Crossbows

These guys are boasting some pretty impressive numbers, they look like Excalibur clones to me. I actually heard the founder once worked for Excalibur..

http://www.middletoncrossbow.com/01.html
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Default RE: Middleton Crossbows

They didn't have any info. on how to buy one. Who sells them?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd heard the same thing, company owner is/was former Excal employee, but apparently that's not true, lol, when I posted that tid-bit on AT, some guy got on me like a herd of turtles, lol. All I know is they have been around for a year or so, and hardly anyone has seen or has them. Sure makes me wonder! Imho, they look so close to an Excal, most of the parts would interchange. Assuming it takes the same amount of machinery/equipment [injection molds, cnc machines ect] I'm curious why there aren't tons of them available. It would seem someone has a lot of money sitting idle. I've read on another forum or two that prospective purchasers can't order them from the web site as they are trying to set up dealers, lol. the whole subject makes me think of the puch line to an off color joke: Sum Ting Wong!! lol. Peresonally, I'm much more intrigued by the new Horton recurves.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

My bow dealer here said he shot one last weekend, wasn't impressed.
He also said the dealer he was visiting owns one, speaks highly of it.. Then he proceeded to tell me a lot of guys are trading in their Excals to get one of these.. I know very little about these things yet, but I do know I frequent the places that would be indicating a revolutionary bow is coming down the pipes, never heard anything of it..
Sounds like a smoke show..
The specs are most certainly impressive.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Sum Ting Wong!! lol.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM

Awshucks, What are the new Horton Recurve Crossbows? I just looked on their website and didn't see any. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: grndhntr

Awshucks, What are the new Horton Recurve Crossbows? I just looked on their website and didn't see any. Thanks.

Steel Force Crossbow Package
by HORTON

Image may not fully represent product.
Please see description and features for more info.

OUR PRICE

[/align]$138.25

[/align]

Availability: OUT OF STOCK

Old 01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I e-mailed this fellow last spring or summer. He will sell then direct for just over $700.00 US.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

there's a thread on them [New Hortons]here, a page or two back, but this should get you there:http://www.crossbow.com/uploads/downloads/2007-Dealer-Catalog-2.pdf
Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

.. Then he proceeded to tell me a lot of guys are trading in their Excals to get one of these..
IF that was the case, that alot of people were trading in their Excaliburs for this bow ............. then why is there not alot of Used Excaliburs on the market ........... there isn't!!!!!!

Over 2 years ago, this bow came on the scene, claiming alot of things, including that it would be the best bow n the market within the year. I asked for his tests, data and proof (independant testers) but they would not supply any. I said at the time, I would wait until it had a track record to make an opinion, that I would not form an opinion on advertisments or promotional garbage.

I do not thinn that this bow is much of what they claim. If it was, it would be very well known by know. The crossbow world is just too small to hide a quallty bow.

Quick Reply: Middleton Crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.