Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Xbow

Old 08-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default Parker Xbow

While at Bass Pro my wife picked up a Parker Buck Buster Xbow and really liked it. Short, narrow and light. Said she wanted one. I don't know much about them as I shoot an Excal. Does anyone here shoot one of these bows and if so How are they? Do they hold up well? Talked to the factory rep but they only tell you the good things. She also looked at the Terminator but said she didn't like it as well. Any info on this bow would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Parker Xbow

I have had the parker buckbuster for about a month and I like it better than my tenpoint titan tl7. It is very small, quiet, and light. You don't have to lube the rail which is nice. Looking at my serving you can't even tell I have shot it. The trigger is light and has very little creep compared to other bows I have shot. Great bow for a good price in my opinion. Hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot last year's model of the Terminator (model before they put 'bulb' on forend to prevent string hits). I love the bow. Light, narrow, good balance (works well in ground & tree blind), great trigger, good stock fit, relatively quiet. No mechanical problems other than losing a cable slide when a faulty string broke. Parker replaced the slide, no questions asked. It's my hunting bow, a Vortex gets shot daily but the terminator goes hunting most of the time
Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info guys. She is leaning heavily towards the Buck Buster but all of a sudden she says she wants to see the 10-Pt Slider first before she really makes up her mind. Guess I'll see if I can locate one of those so she can look at it and see how it feels to her. Hopefully she will make up her mind this week. Really appreciate the info.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Spike

Double, Sorry!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Spike

Well she was able to look at the 10-pt ProSlider and she liked it very much but had a problem looking through the scope - Stockwas too high and couldn't get down far enough to look through the scope.

Bowfisherman: Does the rail on you Buck Buster have a slight wave and a couple of dimples on it about half way down? We looked at two of them and both of them had that. Just wondering if that is the way it is made or if that would be a problem.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Jim22

Well she was able to look at the 10-pt ProSlider and she liked it very much but had a problem looking through the scope - Stockwas too high and couldn't get down far enough to look through the scope.

Bowfisherman: Does the rail on you Buck Buster have a slight wave and a couple of dimples on it about half way down? We looked at two of them and both of them had that. Just wondering if that is the way it is made or if that would be a problem.

Thanks.
I have Been using Parkers now for 3 years that is one awesome crossbow I have A terminator Or had Now I have 2 Safari Magnums They are 150LB pull 320 FPS They are awesome I shot 10 Turkeys with mine & also 3 deer !
Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replys on Parker Xbows. The Buck Buster came in and got it put together. Don't especially like the scope on it though. It's made by Truglo and the crosshairs are rather fine on it. Also the rear scope ring let go on the eighth shot so I'll have to get another set of rings before she shoots it again. Anyhow here's the skinny on it:

First shot out to 10 yards was about 8" low. She shot a second bolt to see how it grouped and almost destroyed the nock on the first bolt. Had to tell her not to shoot at the same spot unless she wants to buy more bolts. Adjusted the scope and moved target to 20 yards. Up until the rear scope ring let go she was cutting thecenters on the target dead center. Seems to shoot real well and pretty fast also. Also seems to be pretty quite except for a distinctive metallic "tink" when shooting it. Probably from the bolt clip as the bolt clears it. Might try to put a piece of sims material on the clip to see if that will take care of it. Bow should work really well out of the ground blind with the short limbs also. I weighed the bolts that came with it and the four of them only had a deviation of less than 1 gr between them, thats pretty good. Was told by the Parker people that they are actually Beeman Thunderbolts with the Parker name on them. Got to say I'm rather impressed by this little bow so far. One question I have though, do you wax the serving on the string? Seems to me if you did it would put wax on the rail which would be a no-no according to the manual. I can see waxing the string but not sure on the serving. Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the bolt clip noise with my Parker. A piece of 1/2" shrink tape fixed it. Slip it on, shrink to size with heat gun or hair blower. Hope you have better luck with Truglo than I did. Sent two of their products back as unacceptable. No more, POS IMO.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Spike

That's about what I was thinking when I first saw the Truglo scope. Will probably try to put an Excaliber scope on it when I can. I have one of those on my Excal and really like it as does the wife. Didn't think of the shrink tubing, that will work. But does it make the bolt tighter on the rail?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Parker Xbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.