Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Middleton Crossbows >

Middleton Crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Middleton Crossbows

Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Middleton Crossbows

I went to middlton CB site. The trigger is different and the limbs are also. Inmations are flattery! That puts Excals very high. They did have Phoenix copy thats a thumbholed stock. Very interesting, i shall go pick some dollars off my money tree and buy one of each model!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:22 PM

You need to fill us in on who they copied? I do not think it was Horton since they where on the compound wagon pretty good by the time Excal was starting to make its mark. I think with as much talk you like to do and help defend of the Middleton's you are about to go to salesman status here pretty soon IMO!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Not really its just that when i got this bow all i have heard from people is how bad the bow is but its been good for me thats all, and some of the people who say its no good have never tried one . horton excal ten point ive shot them all and all are good bows as far as im concerned, i have no real prefference just thought i would try a middleton.
Idont always drive the same car ethier, i have had dodge, ford , and gm
but i still tried a japanese car toyoto corrolla, and quess what very good car to say the least.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM

I am assuming you just forgot about saying it in your last post, but who did Excal copy?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ROBERTDD223

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT WHAT COMPANY GAVE EXCAL TROUBLE WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT WITH THEIR COPY
Here you go YELLING AGAIN but I will not yell back at ya, but I will give you a history lesson.

Bill (Excalibur President) used to shoot the Astro Daco (late 70's ) crossbow in compatition. The trigger and saftey was brutal on their bows and Bill decided to make a bow for himself. HE designed the trigger and then made his own personal bow. By the way, he bought the limb from Astro Daco for his bow. After having many of his friends ask him to make a bow for them, he decided to make some for sale. Again, you purchased the limbs from Astro Daco. HE did not COPY any product from another company, he purchased the part from them.

In the early 80's, Astro Daco closed shop and Bill bought all the limbs that he could, when they were depleted, he designed the limbs in the style that they are today.

The First model bow that Excalibur made was the Relayer as was mentioned above. You might ask how I know that ......... well I was one of his very early customers and bought one (I had shot many astro Daco's and did not like them. brother still has one as well as two other friends). Actually I still shoot and use my Relayer for my hunting and I have had it for over 25 years. I have had to only replace one bolt (able to repair in the field), and one scoipe (and we all know that scopes will fail over time) in all that time.

To me ....... that is dependability and what I demand in my hunting tools.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM

WHOOPS I DID NOT FORGET, I JUST WANTED SOMEONE TO TELL ME , I READ THE DACO STORY ON THE EXCALIBUR WEB SITE, BUT SORRY THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO , I AM LOOKING UP THE PATENT REGISTRY NOTE I HAD READ EARLIER, WHEN I FIND IT I WILL POST IT FOR READING, I TOO OWNED A DACO WITH STEEL SORRY ALLUMINUM LIMBS CRAP IT WAS BUT A FRIEND OF MINE HIS NAME IS GUS ACTUALLY SHOT A DEER WITH IT, HE NEVER LET ME LIVE IT DOWN, WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR, and he still has that bow.
I BOUGHT THAT BOW IN A STORE DOWN TOWN TRENTON ONT.I JUST CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE STORE WOOLWORTH OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT. I am quite new in this computor stuff but when i can i will send pics, my daughter is showing me how.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM

well pydpiper if im wrong, i can graciously take the heat. But i prefer a cool october day. And smoke pole was correct the artical i read was the
one about the thumb hole stock.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

While you are doing your patent research that no one here is gonna care much about anyhow, look up how Middletons came into being about the time Excals trigger patent expired, lol.

I don't believe any of the Excal fans on here are against any other models or new stuff being brought out by other companies. We waited patiently for Hortons new recurve, some of us may try them once the bugs are worked out. Rumors pop up from time to time about 10 pt making a recurve, yummm! I will for sure have one if they do, if for no other reason than to just try them.

Excal has like alot of other companies taken good care of us and our minor problems via hassle free replacement of whatever. We view the Middleton as a rip off of Excal.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

that's the thing with excal. not only do they make great bows.....but the whole operation is a class act.