Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Middleton Crossbows >

Middleton Crossbows

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Middleton Crossbows

Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Middleton Crossbows

Henry its true i don't have one or shot one. I do have a neighbor who bought one from wally world, it didn't last a week! Took it back and got that Summit and it didn't last the week and he took it back. Next thing i knowed he had a Ten pt. Titan 4 and seems to be happy its staying together and hitting the target! [:-]
Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 AM

No really mike, tell us how you feel? LOL! I have said it before And I will still admit it in public about Horton being sucked into the mal-mart game and making cheep CB's for them to sell to people just like your friend. If all his research leads him to a place like wal-mart to buy a CB then I would say he got what he deserved IMO. The new recurve being made by Horton is the testament to sales. I think they are big enough to where there board room worries about profits, and thatruns the show and not what the owner felt should in the begging, I can't imagine Bernard Horton being proud when he sees the wal-mart boxes going out his door. They still say on there site that they feel a wheel bow is better, but yet they are selling a new line of recurves now. You ask why, it's all for money, a market has opened up and they want a piece of it. I think If you get a top end one you are OK with the Horton, but if they did not make that thing any lighter, then they should just pull the plug cause there CB's have to be about the heaviest I have ever held. A man can loose his balance if he puts down a Horton and pics up a Excal to fast, will need to change his footing first.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

We'll see when the prices become available and someone reports on the triggers but if these new recurves maybe the ticket for those who are not arrow addicts and just want to hunt. Hey, lets face it Horton has the technology to make a recurve bow as good as the Excal as does everyone else. So the question begs, why don't they?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

BTW, I see Middleton is getting great press here![&:]
Old 01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

TA DA! The reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Make bigger profits, greed is the need! I reckon their top end CB's be ok! BUT, hehehe Excals are still cheaper! Did i say that! More resonably priced and a fine product they are. There should be an Excal CB in every hunters household in North America!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Middleton CB's suck! I ain't never saw one afore! If'en they can't get it rolling after 2 years they're has beens or never were's!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

OK I mistook what was said thought it was the new Horton's that were being perceived as junk when they are not out yet my bad...
Old 01-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: htoler

OK I mistook what was said thought it was the new Horton's that were being perceived as junk when they are not out yet my bad...
Henry, Idon't think you got it wrong, he's just being Smokepole!! He first said the Steelforce is junk [correct] then went on his usual joking rant about the rest of the Horton's lol.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 PM

Well i am new on this forum, and i would like to mention that i have a middleton bow thew 375 and it does work great, but like any of the bows out there if you push them to hard for to long somthing is going to let go, even on an excal or any other good bow. I have noticed in competion the boys here in ont. canda alot of them anyways run there bows as fast as they can, I know i have been competing all this yr, with a lot of excal and horton friends along with my middleton buddys. And by the way my middleton fires an arrow 35o.gr at 386.6 average, but i prefer a heavier arrow like 413 gr. My bow has performed as good or better as my excal 200 which i do like. As far as copys excal had a little trouble with patents when they first started out too, or did everyone forget about it, seems they did. But the truth is who cares the more companies that produce products for us the better , we as the consumer get more choices and more inproved products from these guys and that is a good thing.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I honestly would be hard pressed to trade in my Excal for any other crossbow after the comittment to customer service that Excaliber (via Dan Miller) demonstrated when they took care of my crossbow.

HH

Quick Reply: Middleton Crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.