Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Toronto area ranges >

Toronto area ranges

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Toronto area ranges

Old 09-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Toronto area ranges

Does anyone know where in the Toronto area a person can shoot their crossbow at a longer range than 20 yards? What is being sought after is a proper archery range that allows for crossbows. I know that there is the one near the Ontario Science Center but they don't allow crossbows there (right!!!! not going to say it) because of an incident they had there years ago.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toronto area ranges

A CROSSBOW range??? Don yah got a better chance of finding a place to shoot your full auto Thompson. I can't even use them at the gun club. I have a disabled hunter permit and still can't shoot it at the club. If I did not like most of the guys I might make a fuss thru the Americans with disability act.Can't be bothered though.Divide and conquer....A guy at the club shot himself though the heart with a ramrod last fall and they still let muzzle loaders in. Suicide we think. Bad case of Lyme disease and wanted to leave his family some insurance money. Can't blame him I guess. Nice guy. >>>>>>>>>>>>Wh ack!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen guys with x-bows at the Science Center, and there is no range master, so whos gonna stop you?
Problem is they have stopped maintaining the targets so you'd have to bring your own.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

tschaef, that place is a shambles and I've never seen a rangemaster there let alone the Olympic archers. I am not looking for one, there is a member here that I guess is to shy to post.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk
I am not looking for one, there is a member here that I guess is to shy to post.
He's not shy! He has just seen us in action and is staying clear![&:]
Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

I am not looking for one, there is a member here that I guess is to shy to post.
He's not shy! He has just seen us in action and is staying clear![&:]
Jason, its a guy here Canukville called Kdub77 that you haven't beat up yet! LOL!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

I assume 1hr drive isnt considered close to Toronto[8D]. I just joined a club here (guelph) a few months ago. We have 40 acres with 3d's setup everywhere (up to 40 of em), also have the target range 10, 20, 30, 30 & 40 for field tips. Crossbows are welcome. $125/yr membership.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well for Kdub77 it might be good, where is it and what is the club called? Do you have a contact number?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:29 AM

its not about being shy .... its about not having time to do much ... much less ask around in a hundred threads hoping that one person is gracious enough to talk about and be able to answer your question .... rather than talking about things they think they know or don't know about ..... which, from what I've seen so far on this website ... doesn't occur anyways

I wanted to know if anyone has used the range at Bass Pro in Vaughn to sight in a crossbow .... i'm a 9 to 5'er in the Durham Region, so I need a place that is open relatively late (BPS is open till 10pm weeknights). If not ... I need to find a farmers' field with hay bales to allow me to shoot some rounds to sight in the bow.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Well for Kdub77 it might be good, where is it and what is the club called? Do you have a contact number?
http://www.geocities.com/theroyalcitybowmen/

Heres a link for a bunch of Ontario Bow Clubs.. might find something closer there http://www.yorkcountybowmen.com/html/ontarioclubs.html

Quick Reply: Toronto area ranges

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.