Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What makes a good crossbow? >

What makes a good crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What makes a good crossbow?

Old 08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What makes a good crossbow?

Rebel Hog

Last time I checked they won't change your diaper at a Holiday Inn.[:'(]

Mitch
Old 08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

Rebel Hog

Last time I checked they won't change your diaper at a Holiday Inn.[:'(]

Mitch
I'll change my wife's and she will change mine!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Reb's serious he is only 3 years younger than me. LOL. Lee
Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reb: My hat is off to you!! That was the absolute, A #1, very bestest, funniest thing I have ever read on the Internet!!! You have the ability to keep outdoing yourself and I just want you to know I can not stop laughing!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

In answer to the original question of this thread, it's easy. The ONE you got, the ONE you like, the ONE you feel most comfortable with. It's alot like the differences between Colt, S&W, and Ruger. Sam Colt made every one equal, S&W made some a little more equal, lol and Ruger made them equal and affordable. PS. Got two wheel guns, a Colt and a S&W. Neither are for sale or trade.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan.. your not trying to say your Remington is better than my Browning?? Piss on Fords.. Or is that Chevy? Hoppes.. Best smelling bore cleaner out there.??
Old 08-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: I use Hoppe's for air freshner in my DODGE!! lol.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:50 AM

DODGE!!!! You excal guys just keep going in the wrong direction!!!!

Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I beg to differ omeagalover, lots of people never kill a deer and they use rifles and they practice. It takes more than just good equipment to harvest deer. We don't put down Bows, we do promote what we use and believe in. We do try and tell the scoop on high cost Bows and those that are as good or better for same or less price. There have been many who come on here and ask about Hortons yes (Dortons) hehehe. Are they good yes most of their models are. Same with 10 pts. and Barnetts and Parkers. As you knowed i am a staunch Excal man, i have shot most of the others and made my choice. That doesn't mean i went out and bought the fastest or most lb. draw weight. Phoenix is what i shoot. If i had money to spend i might get a Paradox or nice 10 pt. or Horton Legend II 175. Yup i have been shooting and have to start with B'heads this week, only 28 days to go. I love it!
Well said smokepolehall!!!

What fits one person will not fit another, just like a rifle or shotgun. I use a Barnett Quad 300 and love it and what it does to give me back the archery season for deer hunting. Do I look at other crossbow; yes I do. I'm looking for speed, quiet, light weight and fit in a crossbow of my future. Will I actually find such a crossbow, who knows; but, until then, I have what I consider is a great crossbow which does a great job and allows me to enjoy the sport of hunting they way I like to.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Spike

rebel hog,

i actually KNOW a lady who did exactly that. Sandra & i spend the 2 weeks after Christmas at the same motel every year in Rockport, TX & met her about 6 years ago. (she has a "mini-suite", with kitchenette, at the motel & IS "waited on hand & foot" by the whole staff.)

her name is Heloise R__________ & she was 92YY her last birthday. (she & Sandra hit the "thrift stores & shop for shoes", while i go out for sharks & amberjack.)

btw, Sandra says it's "only fair" that she buys "a few pairs of shoes & matching purses", if we can afford "charter boat fees"! (i keep my mouth shut. i'm smarter than to say anything back to her at that!)

free dixie,sw

Quick Reply: What makes a good crossbow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.