Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Camping Gear
Flashlight for Hunting or Camping >

Flashlight for Hunting or Camping

Camping Gear From tents to sleeping bags to grills, you will find all of your camping needs here.

Flashlight for Hunting or Camping

Old 06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Spike

Default Flashlight for Hunting or Camping

Hi, I'm new here. But, this is where I thought I could talk about a recent purchase I made. Background: Have been hunting and camping for years. Tried many different tips and tools of the trade. Mostly though, I have separate packs for each activity.

I think though, that I have found one more item that is more versatile for everything. It's the Cree LED flashlight. It has the safety hazards of an SOS signal and a strobe light if ever needed. The LED runs with 500 lumens. For safe traveling it also has a very sturdy case.

On the hunting side of things, this is actually camouflaged. Therefore, it is easier to take with me just in case I run into any problems. Probably won't, but being safe is always better than being sorry.

Thanks for letting me share!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

using an old 2aa mag lite for over 20 yrs
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm the only one uses an artificial light source in the dark.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Spike

Nightvision........fashlights are old school!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the 3 and 4 cell maglights. They work great for me. I have a half dozen of them and the 2 cell double A's as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

i use a simple real tree ball cap with led's in the rim, don't really need any more than that. plenty light, nothing extra to carry, lasts for years.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by leo new
i use a simple real tree ball cap with led's in the rim, don't really need any more than that. plenty light, nothing extra to carry, lasts for years.
point taken .
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

of course wrong forum
Old 07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started using a 3 bulb headlamp that's attached to an elastic headband a couple years ago. It uses three AAA batteries and adjusts to three different brightnesses along with a strobe for emergency signaling. It last so many hours it's unreal and leaves my hands free, but I still have a backup flashlight in my pack at all times..
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Spike

You just cant beat those LED flash lights when compared to the old style bulbs. Less battery usage and much brighter.

I have a couple of lights I use. I like the three strap head lights for bringing clients into stand as these give you the freedom to carry their gear or free hands to navigate terrain obstacles. I have had a couple different makes of this style, some are brighter, some have different color bulbs, but they all have the same function.

The next is a mini Mag light LED "AA" stick flash light. I put this in my guide pack for back up if the head lamp brakes. It is very light and doesn't take up too much space. Pack weight is always important and eliminating any metal clicking sounds that come from the pack while hiking in to stand.

The last is my favorite. It is made by a company called Laser Genetics. It is a night vision green LED Laser pointer on steroids. It runs on two of those barrel batteries that are about half the size of a "AA" each. It has an adjustable beam from wide for trail walking, to a 2 inch dot for pointing direction. It can cast a beam straight up in the air that can be seen from miles away which is great for hunters that are nervous about what direction to walk after a still hunt up the mountain when it gets dark. I keep this light in the truck for that reason, safety. On wide beam it turns pitch black into night vision green, highlighting any object in complete darkness. The clients always have fun playing with this light, and I do too.

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service
Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide