Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Which sausage stuffer to buy???? >

Which sausage stuffer to buy????

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Which sausage stuffer to buy????

Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which sausage stuffer to buy????

We have begun making sausage, with great success this year, and are looking forward to stacking up a bunch more deer to run even larger batches, more often this year. The last batch of summer sausages we did was 30 pounds, and to be honest, even in the largest grinder Cabelas sells, it took too long. The meat simply slows down as the fat builds up in the auger. We are going to go with a pretty large manual stuffer I believe, but aren't opposed to anything that works more efficiently. Which large capacity stuffer would be best? Our batches will be from 50 to 100 pounds from now on. Thank you guys for any input. BB
Old 10-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on how much meat your smoker holds. I have an electric 20 lb smoker from the sausage maker and have a 10lb vertical stuffer. Worth very penny, if you have a larger smoker and can handle quantities go with a larger one.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Spike

Keep your meat as colds as possible. Have it almost frozen. While you are grinding the meat drop ice cubes in the grinder it help keep the meat and fat cold.

John
Old 10-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

We have basically all the smoker space we would need for even very large batches. The ice cubes are a great idea! I just keep the meat in the freezer until we need to work it or season it. Which stuffer brand is best though? I am pretty effective with the grinder for stuffing, but we are wanting to streamline the whole process as much as we can so higher volumes become easier on us with time constraints.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe check a butcher supply company? It sounds like you're trying to do commercial quantities anyway.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Spike

Cabela's has a 30 pounder all stainless steel?

John
Old 10-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

We do large batches like your describing and we sell a couple stuffers to fit your requirements. We also stock replace ment parts for our stuffers. FriscoSpices.com

Last edited by friscospices.com; 11-05-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:12 AM
Spike

yea, I think so.