Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

I need a some good dove breast

Old 04-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Spike

Default I need a some good dove breast

recipes, please.

One recipe a guy in video said was take a dove breast, stuff it into a jalapeno pepper, wrap that with a slice of apple-maple bacon (don't know where to buy it) and put it into smoker until the bacon is cooked, however long that is. I don't own a smoker.

I also need to know which sides go good with the dove main course and which beverages go with them as well.

I would like dove breast recipes for skillet, casserole, pies, stockpot, oven and grill.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JonMBailey
recipes, please.

One recipe a guy in video said was take a dove breast, stuff it into a jalapeno pepper, wrap that with a slice of apple-maple bacon (don't know where to buy it) and put it into smoker until the bacon is cooked, however long that is. I don't own a smoker.

I also need to know which sides go good with the dove main course and which beverages go with them as well.

I would like dove breast recipes for skillet, casserole, pies, stockpot, oven and grill.
Go hunting first then worry about what you are gonna make with it. I dont plan dinner before I go hunting and fishing, I plan it after.

But just to say, it can replace any recipe involving poultry, turkey, squab, Cornish hens, and any other bird just about other then fowl. You just gotta make sure you get enough for the recipe you want to make.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like hippo tartar and beer to accompany my doves.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Go hunting first then worry about what you are gonna make with it. I dont plan dinner before I go hunting and fishing, I plan it after.
You got that right.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Just do a google search.

4 pages here.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...breast,FF.html

At least 50 recipes here.
http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zdove.html

5 more here along with other recipes.
http://www.misshomemade.com/doverecipes.html

that should do ya for some time.

Al
Old 05-12-2014, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

I like these two:

1 - Wrap a slice of onion in the breast, then wrap the whole thing in bacon. Secure with a toothpick and BBQ. Very good!

2 - Bread and deep fry the breast. Dip in Ranch dressing. Great hos d'ouvre, or however you spell that stupid French word.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jon just watched that recipe on tv, instead of the smoker just fry in a frying pan, cast iron preferred.