Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill >

Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill

Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill

Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Spike

Default Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill

Hey everyone

I have always loved venison, but this was my very first year getting my own deer. I've never had a freezer full of venison, and I'm having so much fun trying new recipes. I honestly don't like beef much, so I have found that I'm able to replace beef with venison in nearly any recipe and enjoy it much more. I might need to get more than one deer next year!

I threw this together the other day, and it was delicious. I cooked it for a few friends, and everyone asked for the recipe, even the girls who insisted they hated venison, lol. It was great on the grill, good color and the crust was caramelized and practically gooey with teriyaki goodness.

There isn't really an exact measurement, I just tossed stuff in and let it marinate over night. You can adjust ingredients according to taste.

- Teriyaki sauce (I always use Kikkoman)
- Splash of sesame oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Bit of red wine
- Garlic
- Pinch of brown sugar

As you can see, I like my red meat rare. But this got a great char from the grill and stayed tender and rare on the inside. And I like sweet potatoes far more than russets. More vitamins and fiber!
Attached Thumbnails Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill-012-1.jpg   Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill-019-1.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations on your 1st of many more to come. And that's my kind of dish. What state?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

MMM that's how I like my deer cooked too. People that overcook venison don't know what they're missing out on! Looks tasty, good job!
-Jake
Old 02-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though its only 19 degrees here right now, you're making me hungry and thinking about draggin out the grill!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

That sounds good i think im going to try it
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

i love marinated venison on the grill. if you want try som jack daniels marinade terriyaki. its in a bag and can be found in grocery stores and they have other flavors.