Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt Ultra Sport >

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Hoyt Ultra Sport

I bought a Hoyt Ultra Sport about a month ago so far I love it. If anybody has or had one before can you give me some pros and cons about it because I have nothing to compare it to, other than a real old browning.

EDIT - If you want to advertise, you've gotta pay for it.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Ultra Sport

ORIGINAL: TheDeerDepot

about a month ago so far I love it.
Enough said. I have the Ultra Mag, same bow but the limbs have carbon in them. The thing that amazes me the most about these bows is this. If you compare the numbers to any of Hoyt's more top end bows, they are very comparible. We are getting pretty much the same performance at a fraction of the expense. We just don't have all the bells and whistles. Same cams, same cables, same strings, same deminions, same IBO speed, well, pretty close, within like 10 FPS, which is nothing to worry about in my book.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:12 AM

I also shoot a Hoyt UltraMag I agree with what mobowhuntr said. I just bought recently but I love it so far. I bought it over alot of the more expensive Hoyt because I didn't see the price giving me a whole lot more as far as performance. I am willing to bet your bow is also a great bow good choice. Enjoy.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:37 AM

Great bow. You really can't beat it for the price. I work at a local pro shop that carries all the hoyts. We sell a ton of the ultra and sports. I personally have a Vipertec, Vtec, and Ultratec, but these bows will not kill a deer any deader (is that a word). I shoot every day so I decided to go for the higher end. If you shoot and average amount why pay the price for the top end.. If you shoot every day then you would appreciate the higher end models.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 PM

I have an ultra tec camo and ultra tec flame. Love the ultra tec but can't wait to get my new v-tec. How are they?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Fork Horn

Ditto!!!!

I have an ultramag on order should be in this week or next. I too could not JUSTIFY paying 400 buck more for a hoyt bow that does the same thing. Shot a Viper tec and a Xtec both topend bows. Ultramag was just as smooth and silent. I think its the best bow for the buck in hoyts anyway. Which allows me to spend more money on topend sights and rest and stuff.

AL
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

YEEEEHAW!!!!............my bows in the shop pickn the baby up tomorow. Going to dress her up with a Wisker biskit and a copperjohn sight

Any suggestions for a stabilzer??.size and weight?

Al