Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A sign of old age >

A sign of old age

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A sign of old age

Old 05-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A sign of old age

I found out this weekend that I need bifocals.[&:] What adjustments will I have to make (if any) in aiming my bow?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A sign of old age

None, if you can still see the pins without using the bifocals. I got to the point I couldn't see anything but a line of blurred colors. That's the main reason I don't use sights at all any more. I only used them for target shooting anyway.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

None, if you can still see the pins without using the bifocals. I got to the point I couldn't see anything but a line of blurred colors. That's the main reason I don't use sights at all any more. I only used them for target shooting anyway.
Your a pioneer in your own time.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Griz,

How blurry are your pins? If you have trouble with them you an use a Specialty True Peep with a Verfier lens. There are four different lenses so try them to see which you might need.

I use bifocals for reading and have the dreaded blurry pins, so I finally found the Verifier lens. And, depending on your far vision, if it's like mine then I don't shoot with glasses on.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info BGfisher! I don't have my bifocals yet, so I don't know how blurry the pins are going to be. Right now I do OK with my old glasses, even though I wish I had a finer pin sometimes. Just bought a new sight with finer pins, so maybe that will help. If nothing else, I'll hunt with my old glasses!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya! I had to get bifocals a couple months back. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the damn things , and thats just everyday use. I haven't even tried shooting my bow yet. I got the no-line bifocals , and I'm not sure if thats good or bad. I can forsee having trouble with treestand hunting , as when shooting downward I'd be looking through the bottom (bifocals) and anything of any distance becomes blurry. I might just go back in and see if I can get a pair without the bifocals strictly for hunting.