Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Changes for ILLINOIS! >

Changes for ILLINOIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Changes for ILLINOIS!

Old 02-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Changes for ILLINOIS!

HB 1074 would change the definition of resident to require a permanent abode in the state, rather than actual residency. The bill also would authorize deer season to be set between Sept. 1 and Feb. 15. This was passed on to committee.

The chance to tag a velvet IL trophy.... awesome!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Changes for ILLINOIS!

Awesome?

Heres the full bill.

HB1074 -
Amends the Fish and Aquatic Life Code and the Wildlife Code. Defines "resident" to require permanent abode in this State rather than actual residency. Requires domiciliary intent. Amends the Wildlife Code. Authorizes open deer season to be set between September 1 and February 15 .Provides that legal handguns need not be centerfire. Increases deer hunting fees. Authorizes DNR to set fees for processing and handling of applications and provides for the deposit and use of receipts. Amends the State Finance Act to create a special fund. Makes other changes. Effective immediately.

The date change is for the "open season" witch is GUN season and is only allowed now no more than 14 days between November 1 and December 31. With this passing they would be able to put the gun season ANYWHERE in between the dates of Sept. 1 and Feb. 15

Is this really awesome?

Illinois has a great deer herd and one of the reasons is the short 2 weekend gun season with no rifles allowed.

Im suprised by HB1074 as it has alot of different items in it. I for one hope it DOESNT pass.......
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Heres the other things that are being proposed for Illinois.

HB1161 Amends the Wildlife Code. Provides that there shall not be a limit on the number of resident or non-resident archery deer hunting permits. Effective immediately.

SB0138 Amends the Wildlife Code. Permits deer hunters under age 18 to use crossbows during archery season (now, used only by handicapped persons).

Also the head of the DNR has said he wants the NR permits to go to $375.00 Add your hunting license to this and the NR will be paying in the neighborhood of 450 to hunt deer.

Crazy.................
Old 02-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I totally agree, the others are certainly not what most of the IL sportsman want, despite outr protests and calls from many of us as well as those made by our Bowhunting State Orgs such as the UBI and the IBS.... we just can't seem to stop it. It is obviously ALL about money to the State. However, IF I have to put up with and accecpt some of these changes.... it will be lessoned IF I can get an extended bow season and the chance for a buck that I've always thought I would have to travel to Montana, Idaho, or Sask to tag. I guesss I'm desperately trying to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, one does have to wonder how many of these changes (IF they pass) will effect the quality of our herd??? It would do little good for me to get excited over the chance to hunt trophy bucks longer if they are going to be pounded and reduced significantly??? [&:]
Old 02-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

pounded and reduced significantly???
Count on it if all these pass.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I am nowhere near as excited now as I was when I first read about the "extended archery season" in our local newpaper.... of course it gave NO mention of all the negative "fine print" that is also in these bills. Thanks DonK. for posting a LOT more details on this issue. It certainly doesn't give me any dreams of shooting a monster in velvet with all the potential damge to the herd and age structure our herd could suffer!!! [:@]
Old 02-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

This does not sound good at all. Killing a deer in velvet would be awesome but I would rather go without if that means better hunting in Illinois. If they open the season up that long there is gonna be alot of damage done to the herd. There will be so many more out of staters coming here after the big boys. More pressure would lead to worse hunting. I think if they're gonna open up the NR cap they need to make it an earn a buck program.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

What really scares me is what will they do with firearms season? They could conceivably open it up for 2 solid weeks and move it earlier in November.[:'(]
Old 02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

What really scares me is what will they do with firearms season? They could conceivably open it up for 2 solid weeks and move it earlier in November.[:'(]
EXACTLY,... In fact IF we could ever do anything else with the gun season I would like to shove it into December like Iowa or Kansas.... not extend it or make it earlier or longer!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Guys,

If you dont like whats being proposed then please SPEAK UP. A quick phone call letting them know how you feel on the issue can do wonders.

For HB1074 what I dont like is theres lots of stuff in there. Bills like this sometimes let things get through that where not intended. The part about the permanent residence is a good one (IMO) but the open season thing I dont like. I also dont like the line "Makes other changes" WHAT other changes?

HB1074 is from Representative Dan Reitz (D) 116th District and he can be contacted at
Springfield Office:
200-9S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-1018
(217) 782-0945 FAX

District Office:
128 A West Main
Sparta, IL 62286
(618) 443-5757
(618) 443-3800 FAX
Randolph County

SB0138
If you dont like SB0138 then you can contact Senator Todd Sieben (R)
45th District
Springfield Office:
Senator 45th District
307 Capitol Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-0180

District Office:
137 South State Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
(309) 944-5681
(309) 944-1791 FAX

HB1161
If you dont like HB1161 then you can contact Representative Lisa M. Dugan (D) 79th District
Springfield Office:
260-W Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-5981
(217) 557-7643 FAX

District Office:
135 S. Schuyler Avenue
Kankakee, IL 60901
(815) 939-1983
(815) 939-0081 FAX
kankakee County

As a Illinois resident you have a voice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Changes for ILLINOIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.