Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Kind of Arrow >

Best Kind of Arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Kind of Arrow

Old 01-27-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Best Kind of Arrow

What is the best type of arrow that a noob can use that is still reasonably priced, I was looking at RedHead Carbons at BassPro, are those any good?

Thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Kind of Arrow

I'm not going to knock the redheads, but there are difinitely better arrows on the market. are you going to be hunting with them or shooting 3d or both? you may look at the easton carbon epics, or the Easton carbon excel (also called carbonaeros).
Old 01-27-2005, 10:37 PM

Spend the extra money if you can afford it and get the Easton ACC's.

Best arrows on the market.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:08 AM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

I'm not going to knock the redheads, but there are difinitely better arrows on the market. are you going to be hunting with them or shooting 3d or both? you may look at the easton carbon epics, or the Easton carbon excel (also called carbonaeros).
I will be doing both.

How much are Easton ACCs?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:49 AM

About $140 a dozen. I would not buy them now. I would get look into the Goldtips. They are good arrows for a great price.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:05 AM

Carbon Xpress arrows are good. I shoot CX400's
Old 01-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd stick with alumunums for a while (Easton), especially while new to everything. They are a bit easier to tune, and are a bit more forgiving IMO. Heck, I've been into archery for25 years now, have been back and forth with carbons numerous times, and still shoot aluminums. Best of luck.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd stick with alumunums for a while (Easton), especially while new to everything. They are a bit easier to tune, and are a bit more forgiving IMO.
I would add that aluminums are straighter and far more consistent than any carbon arrow in the same price range. When you're starting out, you need to know whether your shot was good or bad. With carbon, I've found myself missing the dot by several inches and wondering whether it was the shot or the arrow that wasn't right. With aluminums, you know it was you that messed up.

XX75 Gamegetter II's are great arrows for a very good price. Since you're likely to flub a few shots and miss a bit at this stage of your learning curve, I'd suggest sticking with the heavier weight arrows in your spine range. They won't shoot as fast as carbons but they'll be plenty durable.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:38 AM

Spend the extra cash and get the best arrow on the planet

EASTON ACC
Old 01-28-2005, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Since you're likely to flub a few shots and miss a bit at this stage of your learning curve, I'd suggest sticking with the heavier weight arrows in your spine range.
I know how to shoot well, I use my friend Bow all the time, I got some killer aim man. So what would you say to someone who can shoot a bow well but hasnt hunted with one yet?

Quick Reply: Best Kind of Arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.