Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting? >

Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting?

Old 01-08-2005, 06:49 AM

Default Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting?

I'd like to know the opinions of Pennsylvania deer hunters concerning their states deer hunting rules and regulations. Are they letting too many does to be killed, or not enough? Is the antler restriction working? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting?

I guess it depends what part of the state you are from. Here in central Pa. AR seems to be working ,but the HR seems to have gone over the top.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Are Pennsylvania content with states rules and regulations for deer hunting?

From what I see ,PA laws are getting as complicated as Ohio is. For ever it has been ONE deer only per year. Now our deer are so plentyfull the DNR is trieng all sorts of new things that seem to be trial and error. In the last four-five years they have steadly increased our allowable deer kills. Now we have three zones and can take up to three deer in the right zone. Then they offer urban doe tags up to six. This urban area only may be the way to go. It takes the deer out of the city where they cause problems but leaves them in the country. As of yet we do not have any antler restrictions, besides button bucks being concidered does. It may be to early yet to tell if it is going to work in PA yet. How many years has it been? I'm not sure but I think just two. Sure sounds like it should make for many more larger bucks though. I feel we are in for many more EXPERMENTS from the genius trieng to controll are deer populations.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:09 AM

I know in West Virginia a hunter can kill entirely too many deer (9-10), not that they kill that many per hunter but they (DNR) have gone overboard with the overkill of does and smaller bucks due to extra permits and/or stamps. With a "New" DNR reinstated last week, I'm sure that West Virginia will soon be changing their rules and regulations to a antler restriction and curbing the doe kill like other states are doing.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

See NE forum for multiple topics that relate. Thanks.