Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!! >

The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Old 12-08-2004, 06:49 PM

Default The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

On the way in to check my stealth cam, I was shocked by this deer stuck between two trees. I could not believe my eyes!! I knew this would be a hard one to believe, so I got pics to back it up. I do not understand how this deer got himself wedge between these two trees. Even if he had been shot and fell, then how could he get in there like this?? I just dont understand. I missed a shot at this buck at 45 yards last year, and he was spotted many times in the area by a fellow hardcore hunter all season this year. Sad to see that it ended up this way for him....I would rather see him on someones wall!! I have killed many good bucks in this area, and he is just another example of the genes floating around in WVa's Mcdowell county. These pics do not do this deer justice, He was a very nice buck!!

Old 12-08-2004, 06:53 PM

Default RE: The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

OMG! How does THAT happen?

Sorry you missed your chance at this one... sheesh!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck for sure, thats a real shame...i wonder if he was trying to make a rub and got himself stuck?
Old 12-08-2004, 07:14 PM

Pa Trophy Man....I thought the same thing. He could've possibly been trying to make a rub and got himself stuck. He had been leaving alot of sign in the area. I saw a Primetime Bucks video years ago where a buck got stuck making a rub. The only thing I cant figure out is why he didnt rub on the outside of the tree. I've never found a rub on the inside between too trees like that.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:18 PM

Its a shame your camera was not on a nearby tree. I wonder in the coyotes got to him before or after he died...
Old 12-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

man thatis a shame that is a nice buck looks wide what did the spread read
Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame to see a buck of this calibre die in such a way.They definately are interesting pics though,really gets the mind wondering though on what really happened.Looks to me he was making a rub and wedged his antler in the tree and got locked in------hmmmmm guess we will never know the truth though[]
Old 12-08-2004, 07:32 PM

I would guess that he was making a rub....probly got a little stuck and panicked getting himself stuck worse. That 3rd pic really shows it. Once he got that brow tine pushed through the smaller tree he was done. Too bad to see a deer of that caliber go like that.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:32 PM

It seems obvious the only way he got like that was cuz he rubbed a tree the wrong way. It doesn't make any sense that an animal so smart as to elude so many pro hunters could be so dumb as to get himself stuck like that.

I guess even though big bucks can smell you or hear you break a twig from a quarter mile away and can duck arrows flying at 300fps they still can be done up by stationary objects.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:35 PM

Thanks for sharing those pics...that really sucks that he had to go like that. Pretty messed up.

Quick Reply: The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.