Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker? >

Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Old 11-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Has anyone every tried using a blue light while tracking hit deer after dark? Supposedly it makes the blood glow? Also a product called Blue Blood Tracker is being advertised in some of the bow hunting magazines as a spray which makes blood glow?

Anyone ever tried either of these techniques?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:52 PM

Default RE: Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

My expierences have taught me that blue light may make blood shine and green light makes blood look like tar, but nothing beats the old fashion latern, or regular flashlight not a LED one, it's kind of unatural for me when the sun is yellow and a led light is white to look for blood, back a few years ago my cop buddy brought some of this type of spray they use in detective work to find blood on a track job, if you made a questionable hit on a deer your going to need gallons of the stuff to find blood , you have to spray everthing in sight. Does it work, sure it does but it can get real expensive real quick, especially if you don't find the deer. It makes the blood turn blue, depending on what type you use. My opinion, use a regular latern or flashlight.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

but nothing beats the old fashion latern
a colman lantern is hard to beat really makes the blood glow, some of the sprays are supposed to work, but i've never used them
Old 11-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried the blue light thing on tracking and I don't see where the blue light makes the blood show up better. In fact when I tried it the blood looked black to me. If I'm having a hard time following a blood trail, I either use a coleman lantern or a rechargeable spotlight.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:32 PM

Nothing beats the lantern. I'm amazed at people that say they go out with flashlights to try and track.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:56 PM

I got one of those blue LED lights for christmas last year. I forgot I had it, until I was in camp this year and I took a bloody arrow and shined it at it in the dark. In the house it definitely made the blood glow. Then we went out to track the deer and in the outdoors it made the blood look black and didn't help a bit. Its still a decent flashlight but it isn't worth a Sh*t for tracking. Get a coleman latern instead (in fact get two laterns for the price of one of those blue LED flashlights, they're expensive.)
Old 11-21-2004, 08:57 PM

I also own a streamlight stylis which is green, great for getting to and from the stand or digging thru your bag in the treestand, but worthless on the track job. A battery powered spotlight is an excellent idea that was mentioned before. One elemental truth if you hit them in the right spot any light will do, because only only reason you need it is to field dress your deer in the dark.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

I keep reading about using Coleman laterns for tracking. What type works, the one that uses propane or the one that uses Coleman gas? Thanks
-Rick C.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, either one will work, but I prefer to use the propane ones. They are less messy and you stand lees of a chance of something happeining with the fuel. That stuff is waaaayyyy more flammable than gasoline. Besides, with the propane one, you can carry extra bottles with you pretty easily.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Coleman Lantern Anyday

Quick Reply: Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.