Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 West Virginia Rut? >

West Virginia Rut?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

West Virginia Rut?

Old 11-12-2004, 12:33 PM

Default West Virginia Rut?

hey guys, im heading down to west virginia this weekend in the panhandle we have a camp in the new martinsville area i was just wondering if the deer were rutting yet down there they seem to be a little behind us in pa, thanks for any info you can give me guys
Old 11-12-2004, 12:49 PM

Default RE: West Virginia Rut?

Not sure about the panhandle area, as i'm a pretty good ways from there but the deer are definately rutting in my area. Saw lots of bucks cruising last saturday 11/06.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Look over in the Northeast forum, there's a pretty good thread going on there about the WVa rut started by Dougmd.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 PM

that whole post is 2 guys talking back and forth to one another and complaining about land i wana know about the rut!!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

that whole post is 2 guys talking back and forth to one another and complaining about land i wana know about the rut!!
Actually I just counted 9 different posters including the thread starter offering info about other areas [:-]
Old 11-12-2004, 02:32 PM

CC in WestV------what area do you hunt?? I hunt in Mcdowell co., and so far the rut is just starting to kick up alittle.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:15 PM

I have been hunting every day since November 1st here in McDowell County and the rut is just gettting started here. The does still have not come in heat and the bucks are still putting out scrapes. I have saw several small bucks chasing around does but the big bucks are still nocturnal. However, today my friend saw 3 bucks during daylight cruizing for does and my dad killed a nice 8 point yesterday that was cruizing for does. So next week should be great with the peak of the rut hitting next weekend through Thanksgiving.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry bout that bowhunterlimerick, i was one of the guys bitchin about land, kinda got of the focus of the post.

I have only been out a few times on family land but i havent seen too much rut signs. I watched about 20 deer in the field by my parents the other day. The 4 point and spike in the bunch stayed out by themselves and didnt seem bothered by all the does around. I have only see a few rubs. They should be starting pretty soon if they havent already, usually during the first week of rifle i see bucks chasing does pretty heavily. Wish i could give you more info but ive been working so much i have only got out in the woods a few times.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saw two bucks chasing does last night for the first time. WAY fewer deer in Grant County than I've seen since I've been hunting there (1997).
Old 11-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just getting started here in the Eastern Panhandle also. Should be a great rifle season this year.

Quick Reply: West Virginia Rut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.