Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit

Old 11-04-2004, 10:17 AM

Default Whisker Bisquit

Been thinking about a bisquit. Just wanted to know what you hunters think.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit

I've never tried and don't think I ever will. I like my trophy taker fall away!

I use a Trophy taker springy on my target bow. It really works well!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:49 AM

I love mine. I do not have to worry about my arrow falling off of my rest. Some say that it slows your arrow down. This maybe true, but IMO not enough to really make a difference.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dough boy

I love mine.
I second that.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:09 PM

I heard they slow the arrow and tear at the fletchings, so i got a Trophy Taker.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:21 PM

I have been thinking about trying the wisker bisquit myself. A friend has one and it seems nice not to worry about the arrow falling off. My 2 cents anyway.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

It just don't seem to me that the bisquit would be at all forgiving. You guys that shoot them have you noticed any of that. I would think any bow tourque would really show up!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:39 PM

I tried a WB drop tine, w/cut out this year and I really like it! Alot! My tuning was easy this year and grouping much better! But the fletching takes a beating (slightly deform). AAE makes some new fletching (at Cabela's) recommended for the WB and when i refletch next year I want to try them.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't torn or had a single fletching show any noticable signs of wear whatsoever. I have several hundred shots with the AAE Plastifletch vanes, and so far they're holding up very well. That was one of my biggest fears going into this as well, but I was pleasantly suprised to see my assumptions were wrong. As for being unforgiving, I haven't noticed any problems. My arrows are grouping just as well as they ever have.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:12 PM

I've used the w.b. for two years now and like it for hunting. I did have some problems with the rubber fletchings and switched back to feathers which I prefer anyway. Found that feathers are more forgiving going through the bisquit and not one has tore loose yet.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.