Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long have you gone without a deer? >

How long have you gone without a deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long have you gone without a deer?

Old 10-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default How long have you gone without a deer?

I think I've got a record streak going. I haven't shot a deer for two years, hunting fairly hard. This season I saw a 6-point on my first time out but Wi has an earn a buck (shoot a doe before you shoot a buck) For the next five times I have not even seen a deer. My wife is getting suspicous, because I get all cleaned up before I go to hunting, but never come home with a deer. She also razzed me all winter because she brought a road kill home and I zeroed out on hunting. In preparation for this year, I've work on my shooting since last year, planted food plots, worked on sent control, bought a new bow, tried new stands, worked on deer calling, bought new arrows and bow, but still the moment eludes me. Is it a waste of time or is it just a matter of time. A friend is going to sent me up in an apple orchard tomarrow. We'll see, but when ever someone puts me in a killer spot - the deer disappear...
Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long have you gone without a deer?

Hey don't give up it has gotten real slow in Iowa and Nebraska too. I think the cold weather we have been having has effected the deer movement lately. Just keep trying and they will show up. If I was you I would wipe out the 1st deer that comes along just too get the monkey off yer back as long as it legal. Good luck and Aim True.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had a season where nothing would or could go right, sometimes i think i was trying to hard, it will turn though, stick with it, your just paying dues right now.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've gone 13 days without getting a deer. It's been rough. hehe.

Actually, I wonder if my true bad streak can be beat. I went my first 4 years without seeing a single deer. that was rough. That was in the big woods after some harsh winters. There weren't many deer to be seen.

Keep your head up and your eyes open. Sounds like you are doing everything right.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:12 AM

I have gone one year without killing a deer. This is only my second year deer hunting though. I can't wait to finally get one though. I am so pumped this year. I called a doe in last year that was about 70 yerds away to about 15 or 20 yeards away and took a shot but could not find the arrow in the bean field and couldn't find blood either. It may have stuck in the deer but i guess ill never know. I love the adrenaline rush hunting gives me though and i can't wait to finally get a deer. im glad my friends turned me onto hunting.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I maybe went two years. If we're talking about getting a buck, that might be more like 3 or 4 years.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:04 AM

dont feel bad we are paying our dues i have gone 3 YEARS without one also 5 more days here in massachusetts and i hope that streak will come to an end good luck.

MassBowhunter
Old 10-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

I usually go from about January to September with out any deer. Other than that I usually take around 9 a year.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My last deer was on 9-19-04.It was the second day of season and i'm hoping to get 3-4 more by the end of season.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually take around 9 a year.
I remember, a few years back, when you could only take one deer a year in Pennsylvania. Even if you had a doe license, you'd have to choose whether your one deer would be a buck or a doe.

Quick Reply: How long have you gone without a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.