Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cold front coming thru with rain saturday season opener..????? >

cold front coming thru with rain saturday season opener..?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cold front coming thru with rain saturday season opener..?????

Old 09-21-2004, 07:06 PM

Default cold front coming thru with rain saturday season opener..?????

allright this is what i have for saturday.....i have two grown up fields on the right and the left of my stand......but their is an oak ditch with plenty of cover...their is acorns all over the ground.....well my stand is at the end of the ditch going into a large area of woods that is thick in places.....well i scouted out the ditch and their is deer tracks all over the place......at the other end of the ditch is a small woods that leads into the ditch from the other end......well any ways saturday a cold front is coming thru.......with showers .....should i stay all day.....pack a lunch......their is tons of acorns on the ground all around me....... this is my uncles land. last year during the rut does and bucks was using it to travel from the bottoms to the higher woods.....deer like to travel it .and i also found deer hair on the barb wire fence that is in the ditch...what do you think........
Old 09-21-2004, 07:10 PM

Default RE: cold front coming thru with rain saturday season opener..?????

It sounds like a great place you got scouted out there. The cooler temps. will also be in your favor. I dont know if I'd hunt all day. Although I saw 2 deer at high noon today in the outdoor archery range i was shooting at. Talk about stupid deer.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

What I would do is hunt FRIDAY on the front edge of the front, if at all possible. I love when fronts come through. You can count on the deer moving right on cue. Say the front line hits late friday night, all the acorns may be all eaten up by the time you get there. What to do is watch a good radar, weather. com. Watch the barometer rise, antisipate when it will fall. If its a hard front it is usuallt right on the squall line. BE carefull though, i'ts easy to get caught up in the action and not get out before the storm. I couldn't stress enough how important those few hours are before the storm. Watch for lightning and have a dry pair of clothes in the truck. I would say you would want to make a very good shot and not have to track far.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:25 PM

i can't hunt friday...season opens saturday...local news has saturday 82 degrees with a cold front coming thru i'm guessing on up in the day....but i do not know when the cold front is coming thru.....sunday morning should be good. cool 78 degrees high pressure.....
Old 09-21-2004, 07:38 PM

they have 20 % rain for saturday....