Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbing Sticks

Old 09-12-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Climbing Sticks

Looking for some advise as to which climbing sticks are the best or if there are any that I should stay away from. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go with the stacking sticks. Where I am going to hunt, I want to take the bottom two sticks out to keep anyone from stealing my stand. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Sticks

I recommend the Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks. Three sticks will get you up about 16 feet and only weigh 7.5 lbs. I bought a set last year and I am very pleased so far. I do not use them on every stand, just a couple where I have had problems with thieves/trespassers in the past.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, Lonewolf has the best they have tree V bracketts that can move ( NOT WELDED ) and conform to the tree, so there is no wobble. Locs solid and can be used on crooked trees. I have also fit them between limbs, where you can't fit ladder sections, cuase the tubes on the wolfs are only 1" wide. They all stack for compact carrying but go on the tree seperately.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:35 AM

Check out the Summit Buck Steps, four pieces which pack together gets you up to 16-17 feet. Quick to set up, quiet. the best thing about them is that you can put both feet on the same level, not one foot higher than the other causing fatigue. Sell for less than 90.00. The steps come with a bag to carry the straps and buckles noiselessly. My partner and I used the steps to set pine branches into them creating additional cover.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spend the money and get the Lone Wolf sticks. You will thank us for it in the end. This year I bought a few of the cheapo StongBuilt sticks for about half the price, and I had 3 times the aggrevation while lugging them through the woods and then putting them up. IMO the Lone Wolf sticks are the best on the market. Light, quiet, and easy to put up.