Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
archery/gun cabinet >

archery/gun cabinet

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

archery/gun cabinet

Old 02-27-2002, 11:32 PM

Default archery/gun cabinet

Anybody have a cabinet that you put both your guns and bows in. Looking to make a wood cabinet to hold mainly my guns but will put my bow in also. I'm just looking for ideas so any pictures of what you have or any websites that would show some pics would be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-28-2002, 06:14 AM
Spike

Default RE: archery/gun cabinet

Ken In this day and age I notice a lot of the gun people don't like to display guns.Out of sight out of mind!Never know who will knock at the door and notice them.Come next week home broken into and no guns.What a pain once they are gone.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:48 AM

I have made several gun cabinets but now I prefure to keep them in a fire prof safe. I also have made several bow cabinets. I just got done with a bow cabinet for myself. I dont have a camera or I would post a pic. The way I made my bow cabinet was kinda like a curial or a display with a storage on the bottom. It has glass in the doors and glass on the sides. With a red oak frame and door. The bottom section is closed with raised panel doors and raised panel sides. I put hooks in the top to hold the bows and a light that doesnt give off much heat. Kinda hard to explain but I was very pleased with the results. Everyone asks why I would build a cabinet that nice just to put bows in but I guess they dont know how much we spend on these bows. One of these days I will post a pic of it.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 04:47 PM
AK

I keep my guns in hard or soft cases except for my flintlock that hangs above the stairway arch.

I keep my bows on the pegs of an old wooden barn rake.