HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Homemade Trail Camera - pictures (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/671-homemade-trail-camera-pictures.html)

stealthycat 01-06-2002 09:46 AM

Homemade Trail Camera - pictures

There it is. I bought $110 worth of material (camera,sensor, toggle switched,board,bow,etc) and $30 for a charger and rechargable batteries. Not too difficult to assmeble really with the instructions from Jesse's web site. The first two nights I set it up in my back yard and took 22 pictures of the same white cat (not mine either !). This is one of them. As you can see, I was getting a lot of flash feedback, which I have corrected. I'll post pics periodically as I am going to use this thing a LOT.

I posted it here in the Bowhunting forum because ya'll need to make or get one of these things !

Antler Eater 01-06-2002 09:54 AM

RE: Homemade Trail Camera - pictures

Very Cool Stealthy....How/where do we get those plans again?

Who 01-06-2002 10:14 AM

How did you adjust the flash feedback?
Rick

Bryanbowhunter 01-06-2002 10:19 AM

That is pretty cool but there is no way that i could make something like that.

coyote170 01-06-2002 10:44 AM

Stealthc cat could you give me the complete
web address for Jesses?? I was going to buy
one called deer cam from Bass Pro but would
like to try this,thanks!!

razorhunter 01-06-2002 11:30 AM

go to www.jesseshuntingpage.com
-scroll down to cameras and click on homebrew trail cam I believe.

stealthycat 01-06-2002 03:17 PM

Bryanbowhunter - I have NO experience doing this type thing either, but other than soldeirng a few wires, and following the DETAILED instructions given on that site, its not tough.

I had cut the bow full window for the flash and shutter, so I got another box and only cut holes for the flash and shutter - seperate, then I put some foam between them. I don't think the flash can get through now. We'll see come next roll !

coyote170 01-06-2002 07:25 PM

Thanks Razorhunter found it Radio Shack here
I come hope its turns out as good as stealt-
ycats cats did thanks again!!

Super Magnum 01-06-2002 07:51 PM

its not to tough at all!

i made one myself using the plans at Jesse's website. everything you need to know is right there. if its not there you dont need to know it.

mkacala697 01-06-2002 08:03 PM

yup jesse site is "da bomb" i especially like the forum over there to discuss new cam possiblities and look at others pics

also stealthycat, have u had alot of blank pics? i found that if u tape the sensor window on the front so that theres only about a half inch of space in the middle open it wont take the pic til the deer is directly in front of cam and sensor