Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer CoCane

Old 06-22-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Deer CoCane

has anyone had any success with this? I was wondering what you do to use it and how long before season do u have to put it out?
Thanks!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer CoCane

bowhunter! they told me that you should put it out in early spring ,i put a couple lick's with cocaine in powder version out todayand I'll leave it for a month and then I'll check it. I most likely will take more cocaine just to freshen it up .Some guy's use it in the fall ,they say the deer aren't very active with it at that time season but they say that the rain and snow drives it into the ground and the deer really work it first thing in the spring. I used this before and never had a whole lot of success ,but then again I never put it out until mid July ,that summer was a very dry summer and I never had much luck with it that season. I guess I'm still a little late and and if it doesn't work for me then I'll try it again in the fall to see what happen's in the spring .The only reason I'm still putting it out at this time of season is that we're expecting a couple day's of rain and I'm hoping it drives it into the ground and get's the deer active on it .

nubo
Old 06-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i put a couple lick's with cocaine in powder version
WTF your sposed to put it out for deer??????????

No wonder it gave me sneezing attack when I snorted some[:-]
Old 06-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you snort it Ausie you'll start growing antler's .haha

nubo
Old 06-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

try here
Old 06-22-2004, 10:13 PM

Again same thing check out signature below and you will find a homemade deer mineral recipe free for the taking.

23 dollars makes around 200 lbs.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

It definitely works. Here is a pic I posted in my Stealth cam thread. I would suggest putting it out in late spring and then keeping it fresh until late summer.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Fork Horn

I use Horntaggers mix and have had great luck with it. this is the 3rd year we have been using it and are starint to see a difference in the herd. This mix gives the herd everything they need out of a mineral mix and is more than just an attratent. Pluse it is a lot cheaper than anyhting commercial.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's I have one more question for you guy's and it's about my location of where I'm putting it .I have put my mix just inside a thickets that the deer have been using, it's a rub line that the buck's have been using for the last few season's ,is this O.K. or should it be out in the open where the ground has less root's and other debry that the deer might not want to dig in?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

nubo,

Actually, a thicket is a great place to put it as the deer will tend to visit it more if they think it is a very secure location. Both of those locations that I have been putting mine are in very thick undergrowth with just a bit of an open clearing for them to "socialize". When I say "clearing" I am talking about an 8-12 foot opening....little more.

As for the debris issue....you should clear a four foot spot of bare earth out of the area that you plan on putting the minerals into. The deer will eat the roots and the plants surrounding the location as they in turn absorb the minerals from the ground.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Deer CoCane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.