Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting for geese??? >

Bowhunting for geese???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting for geese???

Old 06-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bowhunting for geese???

I want to shoot a goose with my legacy this fall and I was wondering if anyone else has shot a goose or tried to with their bow? If so what worked best for you?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting for geese???

I had a client in Ohio that does bow hunt for geese. My schedule hasn't allowed me to get out with him but I am very interested in the shot. It's done but I sorry I can't give you any advice.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 PM

That is a really good question. Is it legal? The gesse $hit all over the lawn at our lake lot and we were wondering if it would be legal to shoot them with the bow from the trees when it is season.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:46 PM

Why do you think it would be hard they come to edge of the corn/hay field.( yes that would be considerd ground swatting) The thing that bugged me is you bow tag is small game tag here in wi. but they wont give you a spot on your bow tag to put the stamp.....and I tryed to argue the point.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:06 AM

Yea, i took one with my bow. Its really tough, but fun.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:24 AM

i hunt geese but i use my shot gun they have somany rules about waterfoul i dont know if bowhuntin them is legal i shure would like to use my bow for a couple
Old 06-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

bow hunting for geese is legal in michigan and i think it is legal in all states. I am going to get a layout blind this fall so i will give it a try.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never had hunted geese, but there are thousands i see every day, i am wanting to hunt them, people say there greasy birds though, also i wouldnt shoot one with a bow if i were to hunt them this year, what if it flies like a turkey after the shot and that bird flys over a highway or something? You would never be able to get in back. I think a shotgun is a more effective way to kill them if ya ask me brother.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ITS ABOUT TIME YOU GET ON HERE LES!! Its Mike from cincinnati if u didnt know, ha,ha. Hope you had fun at cowan lake i had to work, gotta put em in boots
Old 06-13-2004, 11:26 AM

I live in WI and I have take geese with my bow. It is legal and it is not all that difficult as one might think.
The first time I did it was on a Deer hunting trip and as I left my stand mid day I had a low flying flock coming my way. I was hunting with my recurve and I knew I had a safe drop area for the arrow if I missed and I let fly. Granted I was aiming at the first goose and hit the third but I was just as thrilled. Since then I have taken several more, mostly decoyed into a field on my brothers land and taken on the ground from a blind shortly after they landed. They as you all know have sharp eyes and present a small target but it is fun.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting for geese???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.