Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Matthews shooters is the LX worth it over the Legacy? >

Matthews shooters is the LX worth it over the Legacy?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews shooters is the LX worth it over the Legacy?

Old 01-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Matthews shooters is the LX worth it over the Legacy?

This could be an interesting thread. For those guys who have sold their Legac's and bought an LX, Is it worth it??? Aside from 5fps and adjustable let off, I don't really see the big difference. In fact I see the adjustable let off to be somewhat of a problem because it changes your draw length a 1/2 inch. Wouldn't this affect the length of arrows, speed, etc.. It almost seems like you have to decide which way to you like it and leave it there.

Help me out here Matthew's Guru's I'm not sure if I want to switch.

Cybersniper
Old 01-18-2004, 11:23 AM
BB9

Default RE: Matthews shooters is the LX worth it over the Legacy?

cyber, Not for me. Looked at the LX last year. Some definite advantages, but the brace height is a big deal to me personally. Now, this year as you might have seen on other threads I have decided to replace my 2 Legacy's with 2 Outbacks. To me there was definitely enough difference between the two that made me switch. Spend some time shooting the bows with a completely open mind and then decide....all by yourself which feels and shoots better for you. Good luck
Old 01-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Cybersniper,

I feel, the legacy could be discontinued for 2004.
Mathews is going to all V-lock limb pockets and the Legacy has the older stlye.
The Legacy probably remained in 2003 because Mathews still had a surplus of older limb pockets to use up.
As for the LX, it will probably take a back seat to Mathews new for 2004 Ovation and Classic bows.
The Classic is based on the old MQ-1 but with the string supressors, roller guard, and V-lock pockets of today's Mathews bows.
The Ovation is a Conquest Pro with Supressors and roller guard.
This information gathered from Archery Talk.
Here is a pic of the new Ovation borrowed from A.T.

Sag.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:53 PM

I've owned both the Legacy and the LX and after a season of shooting both, I tend to lean toward the Legacy as far as what I can shoot the best. LX is a great bow and a little faster, but I seemed to shoot the Legacy slightly better. Can't wait for the new bows to come out. Hearing some good things off of the bowhunting internet sites.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:27 PM

I have shot both and there is a big difference to me in the way they enter their wall at full draw. The Legacy seemed to creep into the wall and the LX seemed to have a very short creep and then boom; WALL. For my tastes, I like the LX draw and am buying one next month.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:41 PM

I think so, the Brace Height is not a factor in the bow at all, I shot it right next to the Legacy before buying it, and it shot better than the Legacy, but I don't think it will be discontinued till 2005!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:13 AM

I just bought a Legacy over the LX. The Legacy, IMO, was just a little bit smooter at the shot than the LX. I wouldn't sell either one to buy the other, they are that close as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:46 AM
tm
Fork Horn

If brace height is a problem then the Outback will cure that. I like the LX better than the Legacy, but may like the Outback better than either. From the description of the Outback it's basically going to mirror the Legacy in everything but length & with the long riser should be easy to shoot. JMHO
Old 01-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I shot both the LX and the Legacy, then chose the Legacy. It just seemed smoother to me. Probably keep shooting it, even though the damn little guy that sits on my shoulder keeps whispering Outback in my ear. The wife with the rolling pin is reminding me my Legacy is only two years old.

For those of the younger generation, a rolling pin is a large wooden club with a handle, sometimes used to roll bread dough out flat. (I hate this generation gap thing) As I was typing this reply my son asks me, Whats a rolling pin?[>:]