Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What parts do you eat??? >

What parts do you eat???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What parts do you eat???

Old 01-01-2004, 01:39 AM

Default What parts do you eat???

Of coarse I eat the normal cuts of meat off of the animal and I just love the heart and liver.

So I was wondering what all of you like off of the animal other then the normal meat. I.E. Heart, Liver, parts of the head and such.

I was just watching this cooking show and I think that they were cutting up a pigs kidney, I never heard of eating a kindey. I when I was a kid my mom shot a cow elk and the chinese people at the restaurant that worked at were mad at her because she didnt bring them all of the inerds and the hoofs and the head. But they eat some strange stuff anyhow, I know I used to work there and what they serve is nothing like the stuff they eat. But I am one that will try just about anything once. I have many stories about strange things that I have tried that other people told me to try, like squirrel brains, and fish eyes and some others.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What parts do you eat???

I have boiled, cod,fish heads and picked the the bones clean to make stew. Does that count? I'd give anything for some head right now. There all but fished out here in Jersey.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:30 AM

Never heard of a codfish before unless your talking about saltwater cod. And I love cod. But that sounds good. I love not wasting anything that I can. That sounds good though
Old 01-01-2004, 10:40 AM

I do not eat organs any more, kind of lost my taste for them. My dad used to love them. It's not hard to give the heart and liver away though, alot of people really love them.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

a neck roast off a young and small doe is always good
Old 01-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I use every bit of meat I can save and the heart. It takes a lot of time to trim all the rib meat but the sausage I make is worth it. I used to save the liver but the deer around here have too many liver flukes nowadays and it's too hard to tell if they are infected or not.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

your talking about saltwater cod
Thats it. I take the meat off, make a white sauce add some boiled leftover potatoes, and some horseradish.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

I eat the heart and liver. If one of the guys I hunt with kills one while Im there I always pick through the gut pile and get theres too They all jsut shake their head and tell me theres too much other stuff on a deer to eat guts.
I have heard that deer brains are as good as hog brains but I aint tired it yet. Hopefully Ill kill another doe so I can try it
Old 01-02-2004, 12:25 PM

we have one guy in our club who is from Romania I believe. He's been in the states about 2 years. When he cleans his deer he lays it out on a tarp and removes and lays out all the organs nice and neatly and wraps everything up individually. About the only thing he doesnt take are the hooves. Even breaks up bones to put in soup stock. Personally I couldnt do it but I admire the fact that he uses everything that is edible much like the indians did.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:52 PM

This isn't strange but I wanted to make sure nobody else made the same mistake as I did for many years. I shotgun hunted with a new group of guys this year who introduced me to the inner loins inside the ribcage. I felt like an idiot for passing up this delicacy for so many years. I also started making pheasant jurky this season and everbody loves it.

Quick Reply: What parts do you eat???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.