Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It Happened!!!

Old 12-13-2003, 10:47 AM

Default It Happened!!!

Even though it was with a rifle ([:@]), I got something to put in the freezer. It was a nice 140-150 lb doe (it's doe only with a rifle here in MO).

It was pretty sweet! I was hunting with a buddy for the first time and since I am new to this area, he said he would take me.

We were there about an hour and half when I saw 2 does running on the other side of a creek from where I was. I waited till I saw a good shooting lane, mouth grunted, and squeezed the trigger. Double-lung...done deal!!!

I asked him if I could use my bow since I am still looking for my first with it...he said the shots would probably be too far and there aren't many good trees in there. My shot was 25 yards from underneth a tree that would have been awesome with my climber!! Oh well!!!!

By the way, I later found out Dan (my buddy) had gotten up from where he was to try to push some deer my way!!! What more could I guy want in a hunting buddy!?!?!?

I will post pics as soon as I get them developed! Also, I posted this morning before I went out about hunting in the snow for the first time. What a morning!!! Too bad I didn't bring my bow!!![:@]
Old 12-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It Happened!!!

I'm not sure but I think I replied to your post but I'm sure I did. Don't let the weather predict if you hunt or not ,deer move in all kind's of weather.

congrat's to you

nubo
Old 12-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright congrats on your deer
Old 12-13-2003, 11:03 AM

Right on Congrats man I wish doe got that big around here. A real good deer around here runs just about 110lbs give or take
Old 12-13-2003, 11:09 AM

Nice goin Scar. I always try to push deer my boys way. That is what is so good about hunting with a good buddie. Too bad about not takin her with your bow but there is always next year to look forward to, God willing. Sit back tonight and recall that special moment. It seems to help emblazen those memories forever when you follow up any hunt with some quiet reflection. Congrats!