Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Much is it worth?$?$?$?$? >

How Much is it worth?$?$?$?$?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Much is it worth?$?$?$?$?

Old 11-03-2003, 04:56 PM

Default How Much is it worth?$?$?$?$?

My brother has an ol man climber that i am planning on buying from him. It is a lot like this one... http://www.olmantreestands.com/olman...ers/xolman.htm
only a few years old and doesnt have the curved spreader arms. Im not sure what he payed for it, probably somewhere around the MSRP of that one. How much do yall think its worth now? I love the climber, super light and very easy and quiet to set up, climb and pack up. Just kinda wondering if i would be better off just buying a new Double X Series or buying his. Any ideas on value, i dont know how much stand values depreciate or anything, what would yall pay for one?
Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM

Default RE: How Much is it worth?$?$?$?$?

220 tops [:-] im a cheapy i rather stick with my 150 dollar remington climber althought it weighs 29 lbs ill still drag it round the world and back
Old 11-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Here goes.......

the original ' ol man is $179 brand new........the grand ' ol man is $199 brand new......the new curved arms for the old stands are $50..........

I wouldn' t give him much over a $100 for either one of these..........then you can buy the new arms.....

The Multi vision is $219 and the grand multi vision is $249...................brand new.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:01 PM

yeah thats what i figured, i will prolly just wait and get a new one, thanks guys
Old 11-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot you would think your brother would give itto you if he aint using it. He is your brother.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:22 PM

HA, my brother is broke too.....thats why, im just gonna get a new one, thanks yall
Old 11-05-2003, 07:48 AM

I' m with you cardeer! I' ve outfitted my brother with quality hand me downs.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, same here. My brother(s) really luck out. Most of their gear came from me. When I took a few years off from hunting they took what they needed. Then when I got the bug to get back into things I had to re-buy alot of things. LOL.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

When I took a few years off from hunting they took what they needed. Then when I got the bug to get back into things I had to re-buy alot of things. LOL.
My dad did the same thing to me, Jeramy, except he sold it it or gave it away to friends of his, who are strangers to me. I ended up having to buy a lot of things new when I got back into bow hunting. Luckily I laid down the law on my Loggy treestand. However, he did sell mine and kept his for me, which he altered in a few ways that I' m not sure I like completely. Oh well, it still works.