Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New to bow hunting >

New to bow hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to bow hunting

Old 09-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like you are concerned about scent as well you should be...there is a lot of commercial hype in hunting these days,most of it is unnecessary.best way to eliminate scent is firesmoke..trust me on this one...and raingear??? best not to bowhunt in the rain unless you can watch the deer run for a long ways..i know everywhere i,ve been for the last 45-50 yrs is way too thick to think about finding a blood trail in the rain..oh and back to smoke,,it keeps mosquitos away..great trick ,try it..the scent elimination spray doesn't hurt, but, just sayin..
Old 09-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

what Bronko said. I tend to stay away from our bedding areas. If you have crops (corn, Beans) I like to set up about 100 yds in the timber on a trail. If there is intersecting trails, that is where I set up. (early season). Early season Deer tend to enter fields at dark & stage in the timber until that time. I rarely hunt mornings anymore. Always be aware of your wind direction when heading out. Once I'm in the stand (15 foot ladder usually) I'm not to concerned like many others as I have had so many approach down wind & not been detected. SWIRLING winds is a different story, as nothing helps then. Rut I hunt the areas I see the scapes, rubs popping up. Late season I hunt field edges & set up where they enter & a distance I can shoot into the field & timber. My sit is usually 4 hours in he afternoons.
Attached Thumbnails New to bow hunting-1collagecolor.jpg