Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Difference from ground to treestand >

Difference from ground to treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Difference from ground to treestand

Old 05-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Spike

Default Difference from ground to treestand

I have a Hoyt charger at about 285 fps how big is the difference between shooting from the ground to out of the tree ?? Can I still use the same pins at the same lengths? 28' draw length 65lbs
Old 05-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

no difference from ground or tree at the same distance the problem some archers have is they stand up straight to shoot---they then usually hit high---a person must bend at the waste when shooting from elevated stands
Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

There certainly are differences between hunting from the ground and from an elevated stand.

There is no need to move you pins. The target distance should still be measured horizontally. The additional shot distance as measured diagonally will be compensated by gravity.

The arrow path through the target will be diagonal which can lead to a lower exit.

I agree bending at your waist as opposed to lowering only your arms and shoulders is very important. This keeps your upper body straight.

When I moved from ground hunting to stand hunting my deer sightings (other than their a$$es running away) and my harvest rate both increased significantly.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Spike

I think that no difference. I choose the best compound bow at here https://hunthacks.com/best-compound-bow/

Last edited by Wilson12051978; 08-09-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

At normal tree stand heights on relatively flat ground, there's close to 0 difference in "true" distance vs range finder distance. There is a difference but it's under 1 yard.

Learn to shoot down hill, hold dead on and shoot.