Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NM unit 16b hunt >

NM unit 16b hunt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NM unit 16b hunt

Old 04-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default NM unit 16b hunt

Hello all, I'm new to the site and any help is appreciated. I live in New Mexico and drew unit 16b for elk. I've never hunted this unit before and plan on going scouting in a month or two. I've heard it's killer terrain and I don't have horses but plan on packing in pretty good.It's a big unit and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where to go? Not asking for any body's honey hole just some good advice. Thanks

Last edited by bschafer5; 04-16-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Not finished
Old 04-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just do your scouting like you're planning to do and concentrate on finding out of the way spots that will still be holding water when the season opens. All the Gila 16 units hold elk and you should be able to find the better spots with some good boots on the ground scouting.