Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wild Harvest Challenge >

Wild Harvest Challenge

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild Harvest Challenge

Old 12-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Talking Wild Harvest Challenge

Wild Harvest Challenge

Step 1- Grab a one or multiple packages of wild fish or game you have caught or harvested.

Step 2- Find one or more people who do not hunt and/or fish.

Step 3- Share your wild harvest with them.

Step 4- Share anything positive about hunting and/or fishing with them. Talk about the heritage, tradition, culture of hunting and/or fishing. How hunting and fishing is conservation. Anything that will educate none hunters and anglers.

Step 5- Video tape it and share with the world. Get all your other family and friends that hunt and/or fish do the same.

Have fun with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXs...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-26-2016, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Lightbulb

One of many reasons why hunting is important. To prevent more land being developed into farms taking away natural habitat for native species. To allow wildlife to live a natural life that nature intended without cages, fences, antibiotics, hormones, herbicides, pesticides and such.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Recently fed my church members slow smoked and bbqued pork from my harvested wild hog, while preparing some ladies tried it and I had a half dozen ladies thoroughly impressed with the taste . When one asked what they were eating I told her "wild hog" she said "wow I just ate wild hog ? It's delicious " . I even told I should open a resteraunt.its just a wonderful way to feed people who think game has a gamy taste , process it right , remove the blood while aging the meat and there is no gamy taste . I soak mine in ice and drain blood and re-ice for a few days before processing, to age it much like beef is aged ,makes it much nicer
Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have done this many times over the years. Needy families, hog roast for Foster Parent families & so many other times & events. I give game & other things to several in need. Thanks for sharing.