Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunter/Guide/Outfitter Poaching Case!!!!!!!! >

Hunter/Guide/Outfitter Poaching Case!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunter/Guide/Outfitter Poaching Case!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2016, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

If Oregon allowed hunters to get two tags then this would be a completely different situation...lol
Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure what being allowed to get two buck tags has to do with a game thief. If there was no closed season, there would be no closed season violations, if there were no season limit there would be no over the season limit violations, but in fact there are limits set by law. It would appear that you are saying because this clown could only buy one buck tag the violation is justified or understandable. Sounds exactly like the excuses I have heard many times from game law violators when they got caught. My state has a one buck per year limit as well and outlaws shoot more than one here as well, often times they saw a bigger buck than the first one thy killed and then take it too, and when they get caught, they get prosecuted and lose their privilege to hunt for a while and it the animal s considered a trophy animal the price of poker goes up substantially. As it should be.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Actually, Rockport this, "The drive to kill the biggest and the best or simply to succeed and be known as a great hunter is the motivating factor in many if not most wildlife violations", has nothing to do with vehicle theft. That analogy doesn't apply. I blame the clown who killed the deer and gave a valid motivation for the crime and most other wildlife crimes.
I refuse to accept that my passion for hunting the more challenging animal or other good honest folks desire to have contest has anything to do with the actions of a criminal.

It is exactly like telling somebody who earned the money to buy a nice truck they are the reason people steel trucks or blaming good gun owners for murderers.

It has nothing to do with contests or anything else besides bad people doing bad things.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rockport,I guess you really don't get what I said. I said the motivating factor in people who violate the game laws is usually because the animal is exceptional or because they want to prove they are a great hunter. I did not anywhere say that everyone who pursues exceptional animals are outlaws! I did say that hunting becoming a measuring contest instead of just recreation results in people violating the law. I did not say it results in everyone violating the law, you read that into what I said. I have enough experience in talking to violators to know what I have said is the truth. "The drive to kill the biggest and the best or simply to succeed and be known as a great hunter is the motivating factor in many if not most wildlife violations" The bolded words are the point of what I said and wrote. You are arguing with something I did not say nor mean. As an much older friend and mentor once said in my presence to someone, "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, however, I am not sure that what you heard, was what I meant.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-14-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Rockport,I guess you really don't get what I said. I said the motivating factor in people who violate the game laws is usually because the animal is exceptional or because they want to prove they are a great hunter. I did not anywhere say that everyone who pursues exceptional animals are outlaws! I did say that hunting becoming a measuring contest instead of just recreation results in people violating the law. I did not say it results in everyone violating the law, you read that into what I said. I have enough experience in talking to violators to know what I have said is the truth. "The drive to kill the biggest and the best or simply to succeed and be known as a great hunter is the motivating factor in many if not most wildlife violations" The bolded words are the point of what I said and wrote. You are arguing with something I did not say nor mean. As an much older friend and mentor once said in my presence to someone, "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, however, I am not sure that what you heard, was what I meant.
you said and I quote "It just goes to show what happens when hunting becomes a contest"

It doesn't happen because good people put on a contest. It happens because bad people do bad things whether there is a contest or not.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry , I don't know what the criminals are doing, I would think most violators are not involved in a contest , I'm sure that happens sometimes ,I just think most violators are either shooting after hours or on the side of the road or trespassing and hunting without consent, surely those or more common .it's sad some people ruin it for everybody. We should be able to hunt and compete if that's your thing and the criminals should and will get theirs , expecially if some of us good old boys competing catch em. Good hunting this evening I saw a buck a baby then the momma then 2 foxes then another buck, . I think most people would have shot the bucks , honestly I would have liked to have taken the second buck but I have spent the last 2 days processing the 2nd hog I took and I really hate to shoot my buck and end my season so soon . Wait till its cold and the acorns are gone , should see more of everything, Goodluck n God bless
Old 11-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd guess contests and bragging is often simply what gets them caught not what makes them immoral in the first place.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:41 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Kinda sounds like someone dropped a dime on him...
Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

...Edited by Champlain Islander....

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-22-2016 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Rule 4, 6