Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tree lounge tree stands >

tree lounge tree stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tree lounge tree stands

Old 10-24-2003, 11:06 AM

Default tree lounge tree stands

I have anewstyle tree lounge with a tree nest and a bow hunting adapter and I am after some suggestions or tips to shorten or improve the set up,climbing, descending and folding up the tree lounge. Safety is my first consideration but with my advancing age I am after anything that willmake the operation of the lounge quicker and more efficient.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: tree lounge tree stands

Buy a new stand!!!! I owned a tree lounge for one season. Comfort was superior. BUT...

I hated:

1. setup/take down took way too long

2. setup/take down was noisy no matter how carefull you are. Metal on metal does' nt work really well.

3. Climbing and descending was very noisy

These three things made me sell it on ebay.

I went out and bought a summit revolution. I get the comfort I wanted, and the setup in really easy. Climbing it much quieter. I also feel very safe in it. I' m comfortble enough to take a cat nap if I want to.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:29 AM

Default RE: tree lounge tree stands

I have a few tree lounges and use them for gun hunting. I place them on the trees about a month before the gun season starts and keep them there. They are a pain in the ass to set up and move. However, the comfort is superior to any other stand on the market.