Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Finally got a doe (video) >

Finally got a doe (video)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally got a doe (video)

Old 10-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally got a doe (video)

Haven't seen much all season. I finally got at least a doe and got it on film to boot.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!
I noticed the shot landed a little further back than you probably wanted. Did the intestines stay intact or did the Rage Hypodermic-style broadhead tear them up? Either way, seems like you must have had a nice blood trail on your hands.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by younggun308
Congrats!
I noticed the shot landed a little further back than you probably wanted. Did the intestines stay intact or did the Rage Hypodermic-style broadhead tear them up? Either way, seems like you must have had a nice blood trail on your hands.
Yeah, I did hit her back. I took a walking shot because I thought she would be out of frame of the camera. Actually the intestines were intact. I fully expected to have to gut her with a busted gut. I did catch the edge of a lung and got liver. I think the arrow went right over the stomach without cutting iy. I had huge entrance and exit wounds. First time using Rage. Honestly I didn't buy into all the hype when they came out. I have to say, I like them. These were the Chinese knock off version. $22 for 12 heads. You can't beat that!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:37 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Nice doe...and nice video. Congrats.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Good video... I've used rage the last two or three seasons I believe, with good luck... but had an issue tonight, it's in my "Bad shot or bad luck" post. But good video. Thanks for sharing.
-Jake