Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Check this out!!! >

Check this out!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check this out!!!

Old 10-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Spike

Default Check this out!!!

It is about a deer hunter in Wisconsin.

http://mashable.com/2016/10/21/deer-.../#lZv7Xv8CjOqI
Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely amazing!!!!! I have to agree with him, I couldn't shoot him either!!!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Spike

I agree, I would not be able to shoot him either. A friend of mine in the U.P. had an 8 coming in and eating out of his hand. The Greeks from Chicago on the adjacent property, shot him with a bow. It died in the ditch in front of his house. It was sad, they never even looked for him come to find out.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MXB360
I agree, I would not be able to shoot him either. A friend of mine in the U.P. had an 8 coming in and eating out of his hand. The Greeks from Chicago on the adjacent property, shot him with a bow. It died in the ditch in front of his house. It was sad, they never even looked for him come to find out.
And that's surprising? We have people like that here in So. Illinois all the time and we find deer on adjoin properties that the shooters never come to look for the deer. If the deer don't drop on the spot, they just stay and keep shooting.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow can't believe that, neat video. The neighbor had a pet fawn when i was a kid, she grew up as the neighborhood pet, she eventually spent more time with deer. Anyway my uncle shot her on a deer drive that i was involved in, we were all pretty broke up when we noticed the faded almost invisible red cloth collar on her neck as she laid there dead
Old 10-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gjersy
Wow can't believe that, neat video. The neighbor had a pet fawn when i was a kid, she grew up as the neighborhood pet, she eventually spent more time with deer. Anyway my uncle shot her on a deer drive that i was involved in, we were all pretty broke up when we noticed the faded almost invisible red cloth collar on her neck as she laid there dead
I have had that a couple of times. I just don't understand why they make pets of them. I had one ladies husband tell me not to shoot a specific buck, it was her pet. It came up missing and it was 6 months before she believed me that I never shot it. Never name them either, it hurts more.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

A landowner whose land I used to hunt had a pet buck named Jasper. Sometimes the deer would come inside and sleep with the dog, but spent most of it's time with the wild deer. He used to attach pink ribbons to the antlers to keep hunters from shooting him. It apparently worked, but I know of at least one hunter that was pretty aggravated about it
Old 11-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Spike

Just not right, having them as pets, & not expecting them to be shot.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Spike

I suspect the deer in the video had CWD by it's aimless wandering and being extremely under weight.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Back_in_the_hunt
I suspect the deer in the video had CWD by it's aimless wandering and being extremely under weight.
Huh? That deer was far from "aimless" and as to being "underweight", not really. Not really at all. Looked to be early bow season and it wasn't getting fattened up yet. Once they hit the mast crops they start putting on the fat from the acorns and other nuts. I personally think that deer had had past relations with humans and it's curiosity was taking over. That jump it made when the guy first went to stand up shows me it was FAR from "aimless". It wasn't on high alert but it was ready to bolt if the need rose.